Challenges to Our Routine - Holidays, Birthday's, Anniversaries etc.

Options
How do you manage to stay on track with the Yes Lifestyle 75 Day challenge when you are faced with a special event?

Today, I'm travelling to Vancouver and will visit my fabulous chef friend. Already, I am psyching myself up for the challenge.

For some, it's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

While on the challenge, our approach to these occasions will be different. How do you manage special events?

Replies

• shortly2Bthin
    Options
    If I can, I get the menu ahead of time and decide what I am going to eat before I go so I'm not overwhelmed when I get there. We usually have holidays at our house or my in-law's house, so I have a lot of control over the situation. My place is set with a bread plate or breakfast plate instead of a dinner plate, and I use a teaspoon for soup & salad fork for dinner so my bites are smaller and I eat slower. This way I'm much less likely to get seconds, but if I do it won't be nearly as much. I also use my phone to track what I'm eating as I eat it, so it's not a surprise afterward and I can make informed decisions during the meal. And remember to track alcohol!