Weekly Challenge: Personal Motivation Challenge

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Another week, another challenge. This is one we can hopefully all achieve. I will have to give it some thought. Post your motivational challenge and how it is going.

Oct 10 - 16th: Personal Motivation Challenge: Do something for yourself that you have been neglecting because of your weight.

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think I might go get a pedicure. It is something that I have been thinking about, but just never make the time for it, partially because of my weight.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am going to really have to think about this one!! Stay tuned.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I still can't think of anything! I usually do what I want to do...weight or no weight!! Suggestions? Could be limited to what I can do here too.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Yeah I'm having a hard time with this one. I think the two I will do are one finely getting rid of old fat cloths and two (if I can get an appointment on time) get a haircut (or maybe just getting the appointment is enough, that way I can't back out). I know a haircut isn't something but but with my issues it is, it's very much tied to my sense of self worth and all my other anxieties.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    I still can't think of anything! I usually do what I want to do...weight or no weight!! Suggestions? Could be limited to what I can do here too.

Oh one of those confident people hey. Their is nothing that your weight has held you back from doing?
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I also signed up for a Metric Century charity ride for the weekend after next. That was on my exercise bucket list, and assuming everything goes well I hope to do more. It's only 62 miles but it should be a lot of fun. It's still hard to imagine. I have always fantasized about doing athletic things (you know, in the grandiose adventurer never going to happen way) but couldn't imagine it happening. I know I have done more and it's not an athletic even but I am really excited.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Biking for 62 miles is something I would call athletic for sure haha. I am excited for for you as well. Good luck on the ride!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Well I did it, 3XL and 52 size pants no longer exist for me. They have been purged from my life. I am still going through the rest of my cloths (dear god it seems I haven't gotten rid of anything in 10 years, seriously I keep thinking I have reached the end and then their is another pile to go through) and it feels like I've already pilled up 30lbs of old cloths to take away.

I'll post images of the purge tomorrow when the computer is done updating.