Now that we are back, how is everybody doing?

Options

Replies

• AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    LOVE this group! Everyone really cares about each other and watches out for one another. The biggest reason I have been able to stick to 5:2 is because of you all. Feels like we are all fighting the battle together. <3<3<3

-32...ahh!!!! Mini-goal is to keep pushing during holidays and get down to -50 for NYE/wedding on NYE. I picked that number because it would be pushing myself to keep to the program during the holidays (and is a little less than my avg over time...and 1.8 was kind of my number for awhile, too haha).

Your weight loss is inspriational! Totally gives me the omph to keep going!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ive had a strange couple of weeks but still on track for what I want to lose for the month. I had a couple of large daily fluctuations weight wise that Im not used to seeing but come tracking day have been down around 1.5 to 2.5 lbs so all good.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Ive had a strange couple of weeks but still on track for what I want to lose for the month. I had a couple of large daily fluctuations weight wise that Im not used to seeing but come tracking day have been down around 1.5 to 2.5 lbs so all good.

I hear you! The weight fluctuations can be intense and I really should be better and only weigh myself once a month like I used to, but I...just...get...too curious. :#
  • AlyssaJoJo
    Options
    Week three down 1lb which means down a total of 10 lbs. I'm super happy with this number. Last weekend was an eat fest plus TOM so I'm feeling lucky that I lost anything :D
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    So thrilled yesterday when I stepped on the scale to see another 0.5kg gone this week despite a very naughty weekend. I'm now 2kgs from my goal, but can see myself maintaining this eating plan and possibly dropping another couple of kgs...something I never even dreamed would be possible.

Couldn't have given myself a better 41st birthday present!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    @EmmaOnTrack congratulations! Don't you love it when there is still a loss after a naughty weekend? I had a pretty fun and indulgent weekend myself (pretty much eating the same way I used to eat every day)

This week I fasted on Tuesday (easy) and today (SUPER hard). I'm not sure why today has been so tough! I haven't actually had any calories yet so that might be the reason, or because I only ate 1350 cals yesterday and 300 of it was wine, and it was only one day in between fasting days. Lesson learned!

I'm going to have a 400-500 calorie meal now and then call it a day. Hopefully things will get easier after I eat!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @EmmaOnTrack Congratulations! So glad you are realizing dreams you never thought possible. Gives us all hope.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So after my 4 day weekend, and a complete splurge......... I put 7lb on when I weighed, my final weight for the week was a 2lb gain, but I'm not worrying about it because I know I can lose that this week, and I won't be having a weekend like that again for a long time. I only had a gain, because my 2nd fast didn't happen. My niece invited us out for a meal for her birthday, and I really didn't want to go back to the worrying about what to eat and what was the least calories meal. So I made the decision to forgo the fast, and enjoy the evening.

Life happens, but it's our choice how we cope with it. I'm not worrying about it, or going to let it get to me. I'm just going to get back to my normal life now, and for me that's 2 fasts on Sunday and Thursday.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm chugging into week 6 on 5:2, and like it just as much as the last time I tried it. I shifted my fast days this week to accommodate some social things, and that was a bit harder. I don't have a Halloween problem, but I am starting to worry about Thanksgiving, where I'll be spending a whole week around my mother. (She is 300+ lbs. and apparently bound and determined to stay that way. Her house and her life are full of high calorie foods. She's convinced fast days are dangerous. So I know managing my two days around her will be a headache.)
  • AlyssaJoJo
    Options
    So thrilled yesterday when I stepped on the scale to see another 0.5kg gone this week despite a very naughty weekend. I'm now 2kgs from my goal, but can see myself maintaining this eating plan and possibly dropping another couple of kgs...something I never even dreamed would be possible.

Couldn't have given myself a better 41st birthday present!

Amazing job!!!!
  • jknight001
    Options
    Week 1 - 2.4 lbs (1.09kg)
    Week 2 - 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)
    Week 3 - 1.4 lbs (0.63 kg)
    Week 4 - 0.2 lbs (0.09 kg)
    Week 5 - 0.4 lbs (0.18 kg)
    Week 6 - 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg)
    Week 7 - 1.5 lbs (3.31 kg)
    Total loss as of 10/17/14 7.2 lbs (15.87 kg)

Doing the happy dance! :D
  • snaps27
    Options

Well done!!!
  • jknight001
    Options
    Thanks @snaps27! I move like a turtle but I am getting there. :)
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Nice going.
  • SandyBVTN
    Options
    Weigh in this morning!! 2.8lbs down! I can't believe it, especially since last weekend was Thanksgiving (Canadian) and I indulged quite a bit. Even on the more indulgent days though, I made good choices and did not eat nearly as much as I would have four or five months ago. As of today I have lost exactly 10% of my original weight. So happy!
  • jknight001
    Options
    SandyBVTN wrote: »
    Weigh in this morning!! 2.8lbs down! I can't believe it, especially since last weekend was Thanksgiving (Canadian) and I indulged quite a bit. Even on the more indulgent days though, I made good choices and did not eat nearly as much as I would have four or five months ago. As of today I have lost exactly 10% of my original weight. So happy!

Amazing! Making Rosie proud.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Thanks @snaps27! I move like a turtle but I am getting there. :)

I am so a turtle!
  • jknight001
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »

I am so a turtle!

There are others of us out there. We are bringing up the 5:2 rear. Someone has to do it. :smiley:

Sending you a friend request.

• SandyBVTN
    Options
    Thank you @Jknight001! I know I am going to have turtle weeks too, weight loss is such a strange thing!
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sending me the invitation - I am really happy to be back in the 5:2 group xx