Milestone 2 - Day 20: Sunday, 10-12-14

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Hi, as you know that we are now at our 20% of the 100 Days to 2015 challenge. If your weigh in for Day 20 shows 20% of Short Term Goal Achieved then you are on track, below this number you need to catch up and above this means you are leading. Whatever the number is I want to congratulate you for striving for the new you before the new year. Though we all are doing this in our own way and at our own pace but we all are together in this journey.

What is your strategy to achieve your goals for the next 10 days? Any lessons that you will like to share with the group?

Replies

• sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The most important lesson I re-visited this week is to believe in yourself and your goals-anything is possible. Keep reminding self why you want to lose weight...and where you want to be. This, along with the support from other members helped me re-gain perspective this week. My plan for the next 10 is to incorporate more exercise, water, and to keep my spirit going. I am at 140.5 and look forward to the 130's this week!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to the 20% day weigh in, I was a little behind at the 10% but i am excited to say that i caught up and hit the 20% mark for todays weigh in. MY goal was to up my water intake and was able to do that, but still not drinking enough water. So my goal for the next weigh in is to report that i achieved my challenge and i want to report that i am drinking all my water and to hit dropping 50 lbs, i am at 47 lbs, i should be able to reach this goal.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I had gained weight between Day 1 and the first milestone. I'm happy that I'm now at the 15% mark. Although its still a little behind for the challenge, I did make up some ground from the first weigh in.

As for moving forward, just continue what I've been doing: stay within my calories (doing TDEE method), hit 10,000 steps a day, and follow my workout schedule.

So goals for today:
    1. stay within calorie goal
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 4 mile run
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    During these past 10 days I experience some monumental highs and lows progress wise.
    Long story short: I saw traces of abs, got happy!
    Did a body fat test ( Inbody 230 ) only to get bummed out because I was at 38% bodyfat.
    Last time I did a bodyfat test(in April) I had 40% body fat and 45lb heavier. However, that test was different as it used a handheld device and my bodyfat levels were closer to 45%. Still it did make me feel pretty bad in terms of progress.
    As far as lessons, I learned that it's sometimes better to not relly on outside sources to gauge progress and just trust yourself and your inner feelings!!!

I was down 2 lb from our last landmark but eating out has taken away 1.2 lb so I ended up with 0.8lb loss. Still above the 20% loss mark, so there are positives in the story.

As far as the future, I am accepting this bodyfat percentage and think of it as a reset button. Let's just see how amazing I can be in the next 3 months before I take the test again.

I hope you all take great pleasure from traveling on our roads together because we are all heading to the same place: fit and healthy land!
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    q9jsquhk13w0.jpg

I'm taking the step definitely!!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So far I am at 17.50%. Was hoping for more, but am happy that I have lost. To help reach my goal and to get back on track is, working harder on my water. I am not consistent. Should be drinking a lot more water a day then I am daily. Will be trying to walk more and get back t my situps ad leg lifts.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    down 1 lb :) Over the course of the last 20 days I have had to re-evaluate my input and output and it has helped quite a bit. The scale moved today, it is registering 1lb loss since day 1. I was and am happy with my very slow progress. I tend to gain at first (muscle) and then start to lose. While I am not on track, I have full confidence that I will be catching up in the next few milestones to come.
    Over the next ten days I plan to do better. My husband will be joining me Monday on his weight loss journey, together we will be able to really keep each other in check and on track. I plan to drink more water, try my hardest to eat within my calories. And start adding some evening cardio 1-3 days a week. I also plan to start tracking my cal burned with a heart rate monitor (just have to find out where it has gone off to) to get a better idea on what I am burning during workouts. After the first couple workouts with the HRM I will re-assess my workouts.
    Good luck with your journeys in the next 10 days, I hope you all meet your goals and we have happy progress to report at our 30 day mark. (*)
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lost again and am ahead of the 20% :smiley: Congrats to everyone for this great progress!! Since what I am doing seems to work, my plan for the next 10 days is to pick up exercise again after my bad cold (finally getting better), stay below, drink a lot, and fast again (was on hold for the cold).

Wishing everyone the strength and patience and motivation to stay on track towards a healthier weight and a happier life :wink:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,383 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 12
    Weigh in 141 (+ 7.3)
    5.25 mile run/jog / 3 walk
    Calories w/o Fitbit 1094 / calories
    (Two times : 50 wall push, 50 squats 50 sit ups, 50 tricep kick backs). 100 lunges / 60 sec plank

I gain 7.3 pounds but that's ok I was able to complete my first half marathon with a time of 2:44! So now I can check that off my bucket list! My next gaol, is to get back to my goal weight by 11/2! I can do this ! My plan is to get my morning runs in still 5 days plus strength training in 4 days! Good luck everyone on your goals!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,383 Member
    Options
    A day I won't forget for sure! :D:D
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    For Day 20 my goal is to walk at least 120 minutes and to stay with in my calories limit.

For milestone 3, my next 10 days plan is to keep doing what worked for me:

1. Walk at least 30 minutes a day.
    2. Enter my calories in the morning and then following the selected intake.
    3. Weigh around 4:30 am on most days.
    4. Keep my favorite salad and energy bars in stock.
    5. No eating out or eating out of plan.
    6. Keep posting my daily goals on the group's daily thread and then follow up with the end of day success.
    7. Keep using public transport for commute to work and park my car as far as possible in store parking lots.
    8. Keep using NikeRunning App on my iPod and logging only the dedicated walks.
    9. For stress and other challenges, try to limit the damage to 1000 calories (with only once in 10 days) and to remind myself that I don't need to be perfect to succeed.
    10. Stay motivated by reminding myself that I am giving myself the most precious gift, good health, for the New Year.
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    A day I won't forget for sure! :D:D

Awesome Grandma
  • mont1uk
    mont1uk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just thought id contribute, mainly to say thanks for setting this up, id already started a couple of weeks before you set this up and got lucky someone had the same idea i had to do an end of year challenge.

Started at 230lbs and hit 214 today just over 5 weeks in so really happy with progress so far, had a bit of a binge weeekend as it was a family birthday and felt id worked hard for it but will be back on track tomorrow for the new week. Best of luck to everyone who is taking part and thanks again for setting the group up :)
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm just joining now, but excited to start! I put in my weight from September 29 and then my weight now on the spreadsheet. I've gotten down a few pounds but it's fluctuating some, so we'll see! Excited to have a group of people to work on this with!
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    Dropping 2 more lbs was the highlight of my day. I had planned on getting a rest easy workout in but plans have changed it. I'll have to make it up tomorrow morning.
  • Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week-ends are always harder to manage... I ate all my exercise calories on saturday night...
    Still on track for the short term goal but all these birthdays/family reunions/etc... really have got to stop! :smiling_imp:
    Thanks to the group for keeping the motivation high!
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to carb cycle, and mountain bike, c25k, focus t25 and Turbulence!! Oh, and lots of water!
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    I had a good week of healing from my surgery........ NOW The big goal is to walk, WALK and More WALK!! my second goal is to stick to my lifestyle change only eating what I need to. I got to get Back on track after the surgery my eating habits slipped I partially blame the drugs lol.... anyways now I'm partially healed and able to walk I will do so EVERY day... I see my goal and its going to be met
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I need to catch up!

My new strategy is to:
    1) Track more accurately from now on with my new food scale and heart rate monitor
    2) Do some kind of exercise everyday
    3) End each day below my calorie goal. Finishing each day in the green! (unless I don't exercise)
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Day 19... was supposed to be my bad day since I was having lunch with my Grammie. Didn't happen so my day was low in calories and high in burn.
    Day 20 was lunch with Grammie. It was awesome... lots of walking and shopping....the was awesome day too... medium calories and high burn... im excited! THIS WAS An awesome weekend.

I'm excited to see what the week brings.

Weeking 4 of my c25k starts Tuesday!!!!!