Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
NO-BAKE JELLO CHEESECAKE
1 small box sugar free Jello, any flavor
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup heavy cream
16 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, dissolve the Jello in the boiling water, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Chill until no longer warm. In a small bowl, whip the cream until stiff. In a medium bowl, using the same beaters used for the cream, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add tiny bits of the still liquid Jello to the cream cheese, beating well after each addition. If you add the liquid too quickly, you'll end up with a curdled mess. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spread the mixture in a 10-inch glass pie plate; chill till set, several hours.

Makes 8 servings
Do not freeze

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 31g Fat; 6g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Crust:
Crumb Crust:
4 ounces almond flour, 1 cup
2 tablespoons whey protein isolate, vanilla flavor
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/16-1/8 teaspoon salt

Blend all of the ingredients in a small bowl and spread in a greased 9" pie plate. Bake at 350º 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring the crumbs after half the time. Watch closely the last couple minutes; they will brown very quickly. Cool completely before using.
Flag Quote ·

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try that! So what flavor Jello did you use?
  • cclepew
    cclepew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic! Thanks!
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I love cheesecake--this sounds wonderful!!
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I might suggest using an 8" x 8" baking pan and cutting it into (16) 2" x 2" servings. I've found this size is still very satisfying and drops per serving calories and nutritional data in half, removing any reasons to not enjoy dessert every day. Of course you could slice the pie shape into 16 slices but the narrow slivers scream "you're on-a di-et, you're on-a di-et" to me at least. :wink:
  • quiltnutty
    quiltnutty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    shifterbrainz - good idea.
  • cclepew
    cclepew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I made a variation on this recipe with sugar-free instant pudding mix instead of Jello- just three packages of cream cheese, one package of sugar-free vanilla instant pudding, vanilla extract, and a cup of heavy cream (half the liquid needed for the pudding mix). Just whipped it all up with the mixer (didn't whip the cream separately, but I might next time). Chopped pecans mixed with melted butter pressed into a pie plate for the crust. It set very nicely overnight. Really good!

I will still have to make my annual real sugar cheesecake for Christmas, because everybody loves it, but now there's a cheesecake I can make for myself. :)