Cold at night, then night sweats in the middle of the night

Options
hmrambling
hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
Hi all,

I am currently waiting for my bloodwork to come back. I'm guessing that my doctor will need to reduce my levothyroxine. I saw my doctor back in June and we had bloodwork done then. Since then, I've lost over twenty pounds.

When I get home in the evening and get ready for bed, I am often cold. I wake up in sweats in the middle of the night. I'm guessing that my levothyroxine is a little high and that it needs to be reduced due to the weight loss,

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm also hypopara (post surgical).

Replies

• hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My bloodwork came back normal... so it is not my levothyroxine level.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Is there a history in your family of early menopause? Could be perimenopause symptoms?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Two things came to my mind. once I had slept on it. Firstly if you were left/allowed to develop a group of low thyroid problems in exchange for the over thyroid ones, a symptom you may have missed could have been that your core temperature had also decreased. Realigning your thyroxine levels might cause this change and you experience this as overheating. I have been low for years and on medication for only a few months and have found myself overheating at night.

My other thought is much less likely, the bane of my life, salicylate sensitivity. There are many symptoms related to this. You may find it in the symptoms section of the website, "salicylatesensitivity.com".
  • kcvance
    kcvance Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    OMG - This is me since I was 23! I have been at varying weights and thyroid medications, and different doses too in the last 15 years. But I wake up like clockwork between 2 and 2:15 every morning because I am burning up (and I need to pee). I am still hot when I get up to go to the gym at 4 a.m., but I am freezing when I go to bed every night.

Sorry I am not any help, just wanted to relate... I wonder if it is cortisol-related? I got checked for perimenopause at one point, but that wasn't it.