Stupid coffee run...

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Got a cappuccino from Starbucks...16 grams of carbs!? WTH and I was on such a role keeping my carbs below 20. Still have to get dinner with clients tonight, there's no way I'll be under 30, let alone 20. So frustrating, such a dumb mistake.

Anyone have one of these moments:

Replies

• ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You'll know better next time. Just get meat w/butter at your dinner. It's doable.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Yeah, freak 'em out when you butter your steak! :):D:p
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are going.. Caesar salad, no croutons, steak w/ broccoli on the side perhaps?? It will happen-we have to chalk it up to a learning experience & move on. But now you know :) don't be so hard on yourself Homer LOL.
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yep , a soy latte the other day. And I don't even know why when an americano with heavy cream would have been just As satisfying :(
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Not quite as bad has a starbucks cappuccino---I pounded a glass of whole milk for the fat and ended up with 12g carbs. A half cup of half n half would have been more effective.
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Well low and behold those pesky Mussels I ordered at the sushi place pack 6g carbs each. I had 4 so I'm screwed.

• globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mussels ? Really? Totally surprised, a natural protein source I would have guessed and completely carb free. Were they dressed in any sauce or similar?
  • JerryHowell88
    Options
    One day goes not a journey make......an episode on a sit com, yeah, but what was I saying?
    I have had not so perfect days and my body didn't explode. Just enjoy and go on. Tomorrow is a clean plate, I mean slate! Sorry, hunger is taking over. Time for breakfast.
  • mrsfancyab
    mrsfancyab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee Starbucks. stupid evil carbs! >:)
    I live near a dunkin donuts now, and i downloaded their nutrition menu i cannot believe some of the carbs in those drinks!! INSANE! My new job I start Friday literally has a Starbucks on the same floor about 10ft away from my spa. LOL lord knows the temptation is real!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Thanks Peeps! I know it's a bump in the road, I seem to hit those pesky bumps weekly, but I am learning new routes!

I ended up with fish in a heavenly cream sauce with a side of spinach. The apps were hard, we got shrimp scampi (couldn't grab even grab a piece of that), a lovely antipasto plate with delicious prosciutto and cheese and they had calamari unbreaded...sooo good. I (not surprisingly) overdid it with the wine, but it was a dry red, and then had a couple of bites of cheese cake and another delicious cappuccino. I figured I had already started the bumpy path, might as well see it through to the end.

However, I am pleasantly surprised to see (via my trusty keto sticks this morning) that I am still in ketosis. Pretty shocked, but happily so!!

MrsFancy, I am DUNKIES girl usually and just get an iced with cream and one splenda (finishing my second one of the morning now). I used to live off their flavored iced coffees and latte's (hello pumpkin season), but once I realized the carbs and calories, it's just not worth it now.

Globegirl, I will have to think of the coffee with heavy cream next time. Starbucks is the closest place to my office now, so I'm sure i'll be back.
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Mussels ? Really? Totally surprised, a natural protein source I would have guessed and completely carb free. Were they dressed in any sauce or similar?

There was some crabmeat deal on them but that's not where the carbs came from. The smaller ones might not be so bad but I'm going to stick to oysters from now on.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    There must have been some other source of carbs on those. Mussels do have high carbs for a protein source, but 100 grams of raw is about 4 carbs.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yep , a soy latte the other day. And I don't even know why when an americano with heavy cream would have been just As satisfying :(

Do they do heavy cream at starbucks? I'm just starting keto (was already fairly low carb) and all I've seen at starbucks is half and half (better than nothing, at 1 carb per oz)

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Do they do heavy cream at starbucks? I'm just starting keto (was already fairly low carb) and all I've seen at starbucks is half and half (better than nothing, at 1 carb per oz)
    They do! Just need to ask and they'll make any drink with heavy cream. Even the Starbucks at airports have it.
    Cafe Misto is a great pick - half coffe, half cream. Just get a "short" (8 oz) so you don't overdue the calories.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    kiramaniac wrote: »

They do! Just need to ask and they'll make any drink with heavy cream. Even the Starbucks at airports have it.
    Cafe Misto is a great pick - half coffe, half cream. Just get a "short" (8 oz) so you don't overdue the calories.
    This is great to know. Thanks!!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Got a cappuccino from Starbucks...16 grams of carbs!? WTH and I was on such a role keeping my carbs below 20. Still have to get dinner with clients tonight, there's no way I'll be under 30, let alone 20. So frustrating, such a dumb mistake.

Anyone have one of these moments:

I had this same moment on Saturday. My boyfriend wanted starbucks..so I ordered a tall decaf latte. So many carbs. I managed to stay under by 1 on that day, I think.