Women - What do you wear?

Options
giglqueen
giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
I started the program 3 weeks ago. I have been wearing yoga pants and a regular t-shirt, but the shirt drives me nuts when I'm running. I feel like I'm suffocating and it gets all twisted around me. Could anyone recommend a comfortable shirt for someone that's not on the thin side. Thank you!!

Replies

• snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Is it a cotton blend? I find that some of the athletic wear meant to wick away moisture helps to get rid of the suffocating feeling when I work out.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I tend to wear a close fitting work out vest top, then a looser thin top over that so I don't show my fat.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I wear Danskin Leggings from Walmart that are moisture Wicking, Target Moisture Wicking Underwear and Sports Bra, and tank tops I got from TJ Maxx. Working Well so far!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just bought some of the Champion stuff from target. The moisture wicking stuff doesn't seem to stick to your body and get twisted up the same way cotton does. I found some xxl shirts that work great for me.
  • LadyWacko
    LadyWacko Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is sort of embarrassing, but I wear my old maternity t-shirts. They're super comfortable and they're long enough to cover up the weird muffin top that my compression capris give me.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I like my shirts fairly loose. The sports shirts, made with a wicking material, are very comfortable and they don't stick to you. I check out the sales racks, especially in the men's department (the tshirts don't have a waist and feel roomier when running). Costco also has some nice (ladies) sports shirts in the late winter and early fall.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Get away from cotton if you can. I've traded out all my free cotton t-shirts for atheltic wear. I have a few yoga pants and a few running pants (compression). If I'm going for a PR, I typically wear my compression outfit. It seems to help.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I picked up a couple of danskin camis, these were originally to be worn under a white button up god I hate that color on me, and tried one for walking and OMG so comfy now to stop doing this in jeans but lord I need something with pockets and jeans are the only pants I have with pockets.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Most of my running gear is Danskin from Walmart (performance capris, racerback tanks and sports bras).
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    What are you all planning on doing when the weather is colder (provided you run outside)?
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    dri-fit. even for socks. no bunching or blisters!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    What are you all planning on doing when the weather is colder (provided you run outside)?

I wear layers depending on how cold it is. Under Armor or thermal underwear, running tights, gloves, jacket, etc. It takes a little experimentation to see what you really need. I always start out with too much and have to scale back what I'm wearing, because I warm up pretty quickly while I'm running. Make sure you have moisture wicking fabric closest to your skin.
  • giglqueen
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for all the responses. I have been wearing a cotton blend shirt. I'll check out Walmart and Target for moisture wicking items. I did check out stuff at Nordstrom's today since I need an additional sports bra but the actual workout clothes make me so self-conscious. I know it's more important to be comfortable but I feel like I'd keep fidgeting if I know all my chubs were sticking out.
  • giglqueen
    Options
    I've only been running at the gym, I'd love to get outdoors to see if it's really better. I'm in Southern California so the weather never really gets that cold, I think it might be nice. I'm just afraid I'd get bored. Right now I need that TV right in front of me with Charmed, Friends, or Grey's on.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would be shocked if running outside bored you. I personally can't stand running on a treadmill anymore regardless of what is on TV.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just bought fleece lined leggings to run in this winter - super warm. I usually pair that with thin gloves, similar fleece lined, but loose shirt and light jacket. I usually am only out for 30 - 40 minutes. And a hat or hood if it's windy. I don't have a problem with cotton shirts, but I do like the moisture wicking stuff.