Who am I....

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
Since starting LCHF diet I find myself doing the strangest things...like:

Today at a 'working' lunch, I took my sandwich, skipped the chips and pasta sides...threw away the bread. At the end of the meeting, when everyone else was scrounging for the desserts, I grabbed another half of a corned beef sandwich and, again, threw away the bread and that was my treat!

When I unconsciously eat something, (like when I am serving my kids ice cream and without-even-thinking-about-it, put a spoonful in my mouth) I then spit it out (in the sink or the garbage) and cry VICTORY for catching myself!

And now I am actually craving a spoonful of coconut oil...because I know I've eaten more protein then usual and I need something fatty.

Replies

• deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Since starting LCHF diet I find myself doing the strangest things...like:

Today at a 'working' lunch, I took my sandwich, skipped the chips and pasta sides...threw away the bread. At the end of the meeting, when everyone else was scrounging for the desserts, I grabbed another half of a corned beef sandwich and, again, threw away the bread and that was my treat!

When I unconsciously eat something, (like when I am serving my kids ice cream and without-even-thinking-about-it, put a spoonful in my mouth) I then spit it out (in the sink or the garbage) and cry VICTORY for catching myself!

And now I am actually craving a spoonful of coconut oil...because I know I've eaten more protein then usual and I need something fatty.
    DAM;

How do you spell S U C C E S S!!!! <S??>

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Lol. I have also found myself mindlessly putting something carby in my mouth, especially when cooking for the family. It always makes me laugh when I find myself spitting out a small spoonful of mashed potatoes because it might have too many carbs.
  • CARoberts73
    CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're in the zone, my friend! Good job!
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you! i used to feel like a freak when i slipped and stuck something in my mouth and spit it out right away. New habits have to start somewhere!!!! (*)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a symptom of how unconsciously we eat. I find myself doing it less and less, which is a great sign that I am learning new habits!!