Logging

Options
Curlychip
Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
How do you log a session?
Its so many bits and pieces its hard to do, and the total seems to come out less than my effort level and heart rate would suggest. Still pretty high though!

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Right now in a notebook. I'm thinking of joining BeyondTheWhiteboard based on the recommendation of a few of our group members.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Thanks! Ill look that up.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I just log as Crossfit and estiamte 350 cals burned per session. I think that's a fair estimation over a week.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Curlychip wrote: »
    Its so many bits and pieces its hard to do, and the total seems to come out less than my effort level and heart rate would suggest. Still pretty high though!

If you are talking about logging calorie burn in MFP, I searched for "circuit training" and then created a personal exercise called "CrossFit" using the same calorie burn number. For lifting, I searched for "strength training" and created a personal exercise called "Olympic Lifting" using the same calorie burn number.

On days where there is a lot of lifting and a short WOD then I will split up my workout but on days where there is just some skill work and then a long WOD then I log the whole hour as "CrossFit." That works out well for me and keeps things consistent.

If you are talking about logging your workouts to track your CrossFit progress, I use an app called myWOD. It works great!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I started eating to TDEE and logging no calories for exercise specifically because it's so hard to figure out CF calories
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Thats all really helpful information, thank you <3
  • SallyJoT
    SallyJoT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ascrit wrote: »
    Curlychip wrote: »

If you are talking about logging calorie burn in MFP, I searched for "circuit training" and then created a personal exercise called "CrossFit" using the same calorie burn number. For lifting, I searched for "strength training" and created a personal exercise called "Olympic Lifting" using the same calorie burn number.

On days where there is a lot of lifting and a short WOD then I will split up my workout but on days where there is just some skill work and then a long WOD then I log the whole hour as "CrossFit." That works out well for me and keeps things consistent.

If you are talking about logging your workouts to track your CrossFit progress, I use an app called myWOD. It works great!

This was very helpful! I was wondering the same. I had been logging as circuit training but I like the personalization and breaking it up as strength and circuit training. Much more accurate recording.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I tried wearing my heart rate monitor my first few sessions (I'm relatively new to crossfit, only three months in) and it just beeped at me the entire time. I've since decided to set a specific calorie allowance and go with that. Logging seemed to be more hassle than it's worth. I do miss seeing those calorie burns on my feed though, they made me feel special!
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I created my own exercise called CrossFit and wear a HRM and start it at warm up, pause it at the end of the WOD, different days will generate different readings.
    Maybe consider finding your TDEE and not worry about it?
    *Note* I log my exercise but rarely eat those calories back as I'm experimenting with TDEE