I'm New to this Group and New to Clean Eating

Options
pmt9
pmt9 Posts: 9 Member
Hi Everyone

I can't get over how big this group is .... I'm number 112 to join!!!

I have been on MFP for just over 6 weeks and started the clean eating regime one week ago. I have lost 5.5 kilos (12 pounds) and almost half of that has been this week (2.4 kilos / 5 pounds). So I am impressed with this way of eating.

I realise that the weight loss will slow down but boy has it been an incentive.

I haven't found it too hard except giving up bread and pasta and my glass or two of wine!!!

Onwards and forwards with this journey for me!

Pam:smile:

Replies

• MaryC830
    MaryC830 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pam! I'm also new to the group, and returning back to clean eating after a rather nasty fall off the wagon.

In my experience, it can be a little challenging at first (having to take the time to cook and prep meals instead of grab-and-go from the grocery freezer section) but completely worth it. After a few weeks, you should have a great "arsenal" of recipes built up, and it becomes second nature.

Best of luck to you!
  • footychick907
    footychick907 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I need to start eating more clean so any pointers would be much appreciated
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is about eating fresh food. Gotta get in there and prepare your food. One needs more than a microwave and a freezer. The amount of dish washing is what gets me. Don't mind the food prep, but it's real life. I feel it's life the way it should be. Convenience is what I feel got me fat. Those kinds of foods for the most part aren't that healthy. Off to prep my lunch as I'll be in a meeting and won't be eating any junk food. I have this secret competitiveness about bringing food to meetings. I want it to make everyone there wish they were eating something that good.
  • pmt9
    pmt9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've completed 2 weeks and have lost weight so I am happy.:laugh:
  • laudavis086
    Options
    Its crazy how much better you will feel for Clean Eating too! I am back again after a fall off the wagon! Put on around 5lbs oops! Sugar is my biggest downfall but i found that sugar is also the one thing that if you limit it - it makes a huge difference especially to tummies! :) xx