Lawrie C Big Book Study

Options
youthlaxmom
youthlaxmom Posts: 18 Member
I have been away from MFP for a while out of frustration and pure hatred of food plans. I was being a bit rebellious... I needed to recover from a car accident and wasn't willing to give up my food during that period. I have had tremendous success with Celebrate Recovery for alcohol. I am in another CR step study once again, now focusing on my food related addictions and am also working the OA steps. I wasn't having success abstaining or following a meal plan so I enlisted a sponsor and am working an in depth (Lawrie C.) Big Book Study. Www.oabigbook.info. Plus he has recordings of this step study on you tube. He clearly states the importance of abstinence so I am getting clean. Again. Lol...

If you are abstinent or working at it like your life depends on it please message me.

The OA Promise
I put my hand in yours, and together we can do what we could never do alone. No longer is there a sense of hopelessness, no longer must we each depend upon our own unsteady willpower. We are all together now, reaching out our hands for power and strength greater than ours, and as we join hands, we find love and understanding beyond our wildest dreams.

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your car accident, but Glad to hear that your recommitting to Program and utilizing the tools available to you. Sometimes we just have to put aside whatever shortcomings that are stoping us from abstaining from the disease of compulsive overeating. I love the promise, what a great read, thanks for the reminder!
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did this study with a friend. I thought it was ok, but honestly not as good as the workbook (for me). Also keep in mind that his study is not OA approved. I have been in OA since 2005, using mfp for just over 2 years now, and am very familiar with CR. I was asked to be a leader but declined, as my heart (and success) has been with OA.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Lawrie C, but for OA approved materials, I would definitely agree with Michelle, as the OA workbook is a good tool in working the steps with a sponsor. With that I would say whatever it takes to get you started is a step in the right direction!
  • youthlaxmom
    youthlaxmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Michellesema, Thanks for the info. I knew his material was not OA approved and am also a recovered alcoholic. My philosophy has been that I would be willing to try anything that felt in line with direct teaching. My OA sponsor and group support the teaching so I felt it was confirmation. I found the workbook good for journaling. But this go around I knew I needed to learn the material in the Big Book since I had not done that previously. I can certainly relate the material to many aspects of my life, compulsive behavior etc. But thank you for the reminder to always get confirmation before just randomly picking up a new tool. Glad you are doing well... keep up the good work...