Fat Clothes...

Options
arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I've gotten rid of most all of my fat clothes (even though I still occasionally find suit pants and other 4X and 3X pieces of clothing here and there - I just donated some more yesterday), but the one I've purposely decided to keep is a 3X shirt from Tommy's Restaurant -- truly one of the better Mexican /general menu restaurants around this area. This shirt barely fit me, even when I got it. A 3X was very small for me, but everywhere I went wearing it, I got compliments on it, with expressions of how good Big Red and barbacoa really is.

So here it is right up next to my bed for me and all to see as a testament to former times...

image24_zps5a8fd426.jpeg

Replies

• mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Aw that's awesome!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I like that!

I've cleaned out all of the fat clothes too! I donated many, but the expensive clothes went to a consignment shop, and I made right at one hundred dollars (was 42 pieces of clothing)!

It's now time for another closet clean out! I've dropped from a, getting tight, 3X to a size L, so far! I don't believe size S is in my future (I'm 5'8"), but am planning for size medium, in all brands! Who knows, I might make it to S, but I don't want to look gaunt! Will see when I get there!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That's phenomenal progress, Karla, and very motivating to folks like me! Congratulations!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    So good to hear, Karla.

That 3X was unwearable by me at one juncture, but yes, just keeping it around, having gotten rid of all the others, is a conversation-starter. And when others see it, it serves as motivation. Hence, this thread.
  • asweigart
    asweigart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome to all!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Gone from xL shirts to L. Tossing 42in waste pants and some 40in waste pants. Can wear 38now! I had to buy some pants lasts week because of tossing old ones.
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    I just about cried when I got back into 38 waist pants. It feels good to downsize. It just does.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Gone from xL shirts to L. Tossing 42in waste pants and some 40in waste pants. Can wear 38now! I had to buy some pants lasts week because of tossing old ones.

Waist. Not waste. I must have been tired!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    No worries, you meant you tossed the 42 in pants in the waste bin - we got the pun/Freudian slip!! :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've gotten rid of most all of my fat clothes (even though I still occasionally find suit pants and other 4X and 3X pieces of clothing here and there - I just donated some more yesterday), but the one I've purposely decided to keep is a 3X shirt from Tommy's Restaurant -- truly one of the better Mexican /general menu restaurants around this area. This shirt barely fit me, even when I got it. A 3X was very small for me, but everywhere I went wearing it, I got compliments on it, with expressions of how good Big Red and barbacoa really is.

So here it is right up next to my bed for me and all to see as a testament to former times...

image24_zps5a8fd426.jpeg

Today I went through my closet for the third time since being on OMAD. I have a stack of clothes to give away, another to take to the consignment store, and another that goes in the trash. My closet is looking better and better. ;) I love it!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options

Today I went through my closet for the third time since being on OMAD. I have a stack of clothes to give away, another to take to the consignment store, and another that goes in the trash. My closet is looking better and better. ;) I love it!

You are inspiring! I hope that I will be able to do the same thing when I lose weight.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    You will Deb and you will begin cleaning out other things and getting them in order.....your environment. It's really amazing when you think of how eating effects all other aspects of ones life.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I was looking at some of my clothes this morning and said to myself, "I can get rid of some of this."
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Way to go Deb.....that will make you feel good.
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    How fun. I can't wait to be able to say that!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    You will be there Sun before you know it...♥