Appetite?

Options
I'm heading into my 5th day of keto, and I'm absolutely starving.
I feel like I do nothing but eat. My intake is way high (1,700 - 2,000) every day now. Granted, I work a pretty physical job at a deli and I'm on my feet the entire time I'm there and I'm exercising too but still.
I'm scared I'm going to gain weight.
Is this normal?

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm heading into my 5th day of keto, and I'm absolutely starving.
    I feel like I do nothing but eat. My intake is way high (1,700 - 2,000) every day now. Granted, I work a pretty physical job at a deli and I'm on my feet the entire time I'm there and I'm exercising too but still.
    I'm scared I'm going to gain weight.
    Is this normal?

I can only speak from my experience, but I think it was fairly typical. My appetite almost went away entirely when I went into ketosis. Since it's only been 5 days, you may not be in ketosis yet, but it sounds to me like you need to eat more. Have you calculated your TDEE? Mine was much higher than I thought.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat? (70-75% or more if possible)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Once I got into ketosis after awhile my appetite became almost non existent. Bookyeti has a point though - make sure you're getting enough fat.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Keto I took a tablespoons of EVOO every time I felt hungry. The EVOO taste help killed the appetite ha!

If you really need something to munch on then Pork Rinds make a perfect snack. Especially the spicy kind. Good amount of proteins & fats with zero carbs!