Super Easy Yummy Protein Shake

jen1379
jen1379 Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Hey everyone...I LOVE this basic shake recipe! It's so good even my husband and 11 year old son enjoy it. Plus, you can jazz it up anyway you like. Here's a little trick I have when bananas start to get overripe, and no one will eat them: Peel them, break them in half, then store in a zipper plastic bag in the freezer. Now they're ready to throw in shakes, no ice cubes necessary. Have a good blender? Get it out and put it on the counter. Let's go!
1 serving = 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen berries (whatever you like; Trader Joe's is awesome for all kinds of frozen fruit to stock in the freezer, and again...no ice cubes needed to water down your shake), 1 scoop protein powder (we like chocolate, but you can use any flavor, and any kind: whey, soy, pea, hemp...), 1/2 avocado. Push the button. Comes out super thick and creamy!
Now get creative: Instead of avocado, add a dollop of almond butter. Need extra fiber? Add a scoop of ground flax seed or chia seed. Want to make it more chocolatey? Add a scoop of raw cacao. A couple good combos are: chocolate protein/almond butter or vanilla protein/frozen pineapple and mango. Have fun! Jen Gershman, Personal Trainer at Global Fitness Center, Stow
jwfla79mpmgs.jpg

Replies

• Julie_Soar
    Julie_Soar Posts: 14 Member
    Looks delicious Jen. Are you bringing one for me for breakfast tomorrow? :p