May 27th

Options
Good morning!

How are you today? Ready for the last week of month 1?

Replies

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I actually made it to the beginning of week #4.
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am also quite stoked that I have gottent to Week 4 without missing a single workout! Today was Pure cardio and cardio abs for me (arrgh )! I can barely do some of the exercises on Cardio Abs. Thinking of switching it for a different ab dvd. Any suggestions?
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Same here - I am proud of myself for sticking to the program religiously!

Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs completed - today was a GREAT day for me. I took very few breaks in comparison to my first time with Pure Cardio and felt really energized after the workout. Woohoo!

Now, where is everyone? Aletadiana's got problems with her ankle but where is Chasero and the others?
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Cardio & Cardio Abs -mission accomplished!
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Also proud that I've made it to week 4 with out missing a work out. Pure Cardio is still killer, but I found myself taking less breaks and could do a lot of the exercises with better form. Just finish cardio ab's, I don't think I'm doing some of the exercises right because I really don't feel much in my ab's but I still sweat through it so I know something's working.

I'm trying not to be tied to the scale, but my weight will not budge even one pound since the first week. I have about 30 lbs. i want to loose so I thought I'd see at least the 1-2 lb. a week drop. Normally with workouts even if I don't lose I see 1-2 lb. fluctations daily, but this time it's just the same weight every single day. My diet is very clean too. Anyone elses weight stalled like this?
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Jodyb23, I am having EXACTLY the same "problem". My goal weight is app. 20lbs away. I was convinced that I'd lose at least a few pounds especially in the first weeks. Nada. My scale shows the same number every day, as if nothing was happening. If I concentrated on the scale only I'd have given up already. As for inches, I lost 2cm in the widest place of my stomach which is like 0.7 inch. Not really that much.

But I do see some changes in the mirror. And I hear about people who haven't been losing weight during Insanity all the time...
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 of cardio & Core balance its still a decent workout, my average HR was lower but still worked up a sweat.

I haven't lost much if anything since starting, I feel firmer and look leaner but I also dont think ive lost any inches either. I am slightly more defined in areas but the changes are very very small.

For month 2 my plan is to reduce my carbs to around 150g a day, fish oil to increase my healthy fat intake(omega 3).

Its very frustrating to be putting in all this effort and seeing little change, its making me question what about my diet could be better in terms of making sure I eat the right amount (usually im not eating enough) and eating the right things when looking for the extra calories.

The one day I had a huge drop in weight 3.5lbs was after a unintentional lower carb day.

Anyway good luck all...
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't even look at the scale. I'll check it after the 60 days is over.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I wish I had the ability to stay away from the scale!

Diet-wise, I eat pretty low carb - on day with Plyo and Pure Cardio I tend to eat more starchy foods, but generally my biggest problem are fats - I always go over on fats. Part of them is really healthy - avocado, coconut, nuts/seeds, eggs, fish - and the other part of them comes from dairy. I'm working on fixing that, buying more fat reduced cheese etc (not that widely available in organic quality, which I tend to prefer). Calorie-wise, I more or less eat the amount I am supposed to eat. Still the scale won't budge. Oh well. The old me would have given up already.

Did you take "before" pictures? I did. Same thing happened to me when I was doing Ripped in 30 (I was NOT counting calories back then though) - inch-wise and scale-wise I felt like not much had happened. But when I compared the pictures, I was blown away.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! It's encouraging to see others in the same boat, and like said just not to focus on the scale. I did take before pictures and am doing some sporadic measurements and have already lost inches. It's just mind boggling to not lose even a single pound working out this hard. I also eat a fairly low carb/high fat diet 50 or under carbs and 1300-1500 calories a day. Trying to keep in mind that weight loss comes from all over the body, I can see my collar bones now when I couldn't before, and generally feel much better and feeling toned. Just like you Sleeless in Berlin, it's hard to stay away from that darn scale!