Daily Check Ins! 10/20 - 10/26. Be Aggressive :)

13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Check In EVERYDAY!
Food
Water
Exercise
And - How that day went!

Khloe-Kardashian_zps0a6b84a2.jpg

Replies

• rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Food-Goal is just try to make semi decent choice and watch my portions. I still haven't gone to the store and I really do not have a lot of money for the next 2 weeks for food.
    Water-Goal is to get at least 4 cups of water a day. Aiming for the 8 but the way I have been the last few weeks 4 is much improved.
    Exercise- Need to start moving again and stop using overtime as an excuse because of all the overtime I have been working I am getting up less and less through the day and my joints are starting to stiffen up.

I just want to start getting back into the habit of logging and going to the gym every day.

Does anyone know good exercises for the Swiss ball? I used to have a really good short video with a small workout, I find it very good for my core and back and since I have been sitting for 12-16 hours a day my back and hips are starting to get really bad.
  • bookfoxx1987
    bookfoxx1987 Posts: 98 Member
    Check in for Monday

Food:
    Breakfast - My usual scrambled eggs with cheese and avocado and two bacon slices (I know, I'm so predictable)
    Lunch - Italian Casserole (Yeah, turns out I had a lot of that left over)
    Dinner - Probably Coconut chicken patties (Yeah, also have a lot of those made up)

Water: Refilled my water bottle about 4 to 5 times today (and it's a 24 oz)

Exercise: Got in 22 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I want to get in a half hour circuit training (legs) when I get home.

Soda: Only one today so far. This weekend I did poor on Saturday (3), but only had one yesterday. Going to try and keep it one a day til Saturday again. We'll see how I do. Cravings are bad today.

Goal this week: I think the soda thing. I also want to get in a morning work out at least four times this week. One down, need at least three more. :-)

Doing pretty good today (so far), though my index finger on my right hand is awfully stiff. Weird, right?

Rcksiren- Have you checked youtube yet? There are lots of cool exercises on there that I like to use. I would do a search for swiss ball and see what comes up :-)
  • 13Strong
    My Monday Check In
    Food:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs
    Lunch: Quesadilla
    Dinner: Steak Sandwich and potato wedges

Water 40oz (about half of what I should. BAD)

Exercise 30 minute walk

Goal this week Keep tracking. Move more on my days off, even if it's 30 minutes. Right now I'm relying on work for exercise.
  • 13Strong
    TUESDAY Training Tips:

Cardio burns calories and is known for helping with fat loss. It also reduces stress, produces endorphins
    , along with all the physical benefits of helping your heart, joints, muscle and lungs.

Ideas for mixing it up.
    - Change paces, add stairs, lunges, arms, hills, different strides
    - Try for more than 3 types of cardio a week to get more muscles moving
    - Know your heart rate! Just because you are moving, doesn't mean you are working out!
    - And Remember to Cool DOWN. Give your heart time to slow back to normal.

Strength training:
    StrengthTraining_zpsbff3cafd.jpg
    11qjn6h4y7ic.jpg

Add to Tuesday's Post - Non-stereotypical exercises you've tried (not running, lifting, push-ups, etc)
  • 13Strong
    If you are friends with people in this group - give them some support. We are missing quite a number since the new forum and website roll out. Not sure if it's the new format, that time of year, or just people being busy - but we are a support group and even when people aren't here, we should be supportive. :smile:

And with that public announcment out of the way...

Tuesday's Add-on: Interesting exercises/workouts I have tried.
    Crossfit comes to mind because we did a number of different HIIT type games (playing gards where the suits equaled different types of exercises and how many, dice rolling was also one, and spin the wheel, lol). They also did tire flipping, hundreds of meters of walking lundges, and obstical courses.

Bad-*kitten* Dash was an obstical course I trained for which included sand dune running (falling), net climbing, wall climbing (not rockwall thankfully), and a few other things.

Hip-hop workout class This was an awesome workout. I was surprised how often kickboxing moves and hip hop ones seemed similar at times in the basics of it...

"Power" Yoga It was supposedly more strength than relaxation and flexibility. Kicked my *kitten*...

Body Pump I liked heavy lifting over this class, but it was fun.

I'd like to try to workouts with bosu balls, medicine, workout balls, dance type cardio... But I haven't yet. I'm curious to what you guys have tried. I like to mix things up and try new activities. :)
  • My bad, I missed yesterday's check in. I remember thinking I needed to do it then I just got distracted and forgot again.

I didn't do much yesterday anyway. My legs were so sore from the weekend that I could barely walk so I just relaxed and put icy hot on my thighs.

Today went a LITTLE better... I'm not as sore today so I made it to the gym, but I spent less time on the treadmill and more time on weights. I didn't want to risk hurting myself again but I still wanted to burn calories! According to my hr monitor I still managed to burn 439 calories. BUT I ate a burger for lunch that was probably twice that much lol. I did change it up a bit though by trying some new machines and found some that I liked.

add on: I've tried zumba (both at home and at a workout studio), yoga, salsa dancing (workout video), and not sure if it counts but I did the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. There is something about workout videos though that lose my interest quickly. I stopped buying them, except for the yoga ones cuz I need that for my back.

It's too easy for me to give up at home cuz I know no one can see me. I have to get out of the house to do my best workouts. I even have an elliptical in my bedroom, but only use it on days I can't go to the gym for whatever reason. I do want to start using it every morning, that was one of my goals that I never got around to actually working on lol. That'll be my next goal, I'll start tomorrow if I can remember and wake up early enough lol.

A workout that I've always wanted to try is kick-boxing. When I hit my goal weight I'm signing up!!
  • 13Strong
    rcksiren21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know good exercises for the Swiss ball?
    I need to Google swiss ball, but like Bookfox I recommend trying YouTube too. Pinterest also tends to be a good place to look for websites too. :)
  • 13Strong
    mamamageno wrote: »

Today went a LITTLE better... I'm not as sore today so I made it to the gym, but I spent less time on the treadmill and more time on weights. I didn't want to risk hurting myself again but I still wanted to burn calories! According to my hr monitor I still managed to burn 439 calories. BUT I ate a burger for lunch that was probably twice that much lol. I did change it up a bit though by trying some new machines and found some that I liked.

Glad today went better and you found new things you liked.

Today I overate in breakfast and dinner. Spent the day making apple pie. Only ate one slice! :). So full still though. Ugh not a good feeling.

Drank more than yesterday, 7 cups, but still lacking there too...

Exercise was a DVD, circuit training and 30 min walk. I really need a weekly plan for workouts else I'm unmotivated.

Hope everyone had a decent Tuesday. :)

• 13Strong
    Why nutrition Wednesday

What percent fat, carbs, protein do you eat?

ImportantChart_3_zpsab197f25.png
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Hey y'all. I had a busy weekend, and stressing over my stats final, which I got done yesterday. My kiddo went on a field trip that I was going to go to, but ended up sending my sister to go with him so I could do that final. I never have alone time and really needed to focus so I could take this exam.

Got up early with the hubby - I've been sleeping MUCH better lately, but my exercise habit that I was trying to form kinda went down the drain, but it's so cool because I restarted today. ha ha.

I REALLY need to go grocery shopping. Like, seriously. It's a little ridiculous that I have almost nothing to eat for breakfast. Lunch: I made spaghetti this morning, and we will most likely have spaghetti for dinner, which I don't mind.

Water: Hasn't been anywhere near goal - need to get back on the water wagon, too.

As far as my percentages go regarding fat, protein, and carbs, I'm a little confused as to where I need to be..suggestions anyone?

Finally got my Halloween costume picked out...gonna be a 50s gal with a black skirt and a pink poodle, black and white saddle shoes, pink jacket and poodle earrings. Ha ha. I'm so excited :smiley: Oh! Diamond, my five-year-old is going to be a yellow butterfly, and Elijah, my now eight-year-old, will be a hot dog.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • bookfoxx1987
    Tuesday check in:

(Sorry that I am typically a day late getting these up. My laptop doesn't seem to like this website :-/)

Food:
    Same as Monday (I promise Wednesday's will be more interesting)

Water:
    Refilled my water bottle a lot during the day, but not so much later in the afternoon. Anyone else have this problem?

Exercise:
    20 minutes of arc trainer in the morning. Took the afternoon off.

Soda:
    Only one! I'm getting better at this. Maybe next week I'll try to only have one every other day.

Nothing too exciting to report though I was having a lot of cravings for chips yesterday. I resisted, but damn, did it hit me hard. Then last night I had dreams about McDonald's sausage mcmuffin with hashbrowns. Anyone else get these weird food dreams? I only started getting them once I went low carb. I once had a dream where I ate a brownie stuffed with oreos. So delicious and I woke up feeling incredibly guilty.
  • 13Strong
    As far as my percentages go regarding fat, protein, and carbs, I'm a little confused as to where I need to be...suggestions anyone?

I won't tell you where to be exactly. But I can give you information (you might already know, but hopefully is still helpful) :smile:

Carbohydrates Depending on who you are reading, this is set normally between 45-65% of your calories. Some people go as low as 30-40%. For Carbohydrates, don't think white bread or junkfood. Think Fruits and Veggies for most of it, else "complex carbs" like whole grains. Carbs are generally 4 calories/gram and can easily be converted into the energy by the body, and it can be stored in the liver. Once you hit your storage capacity - it becomes fat.

Proteins are recommended between10% to 30% of your calories normally, however some diets go up to 45%, maybe even 50%. It's also about 4calories/gram but takes longer to be used. While 60% of the protein turns to glucose (compared to nearly 100% of carbs), it's over an extended period of time. These high protein foods don't affect the blood sugar as much as high carbohydrate (healthy carbs now) foods.

Fats: 20-30% of calories should be fat is what's normally recommended. Some people try lower like 10%, and those who are really low carb diets can go up to 40% (from what I've seen). Fat has more calories/gram - averaging about 9cals/g so physically you eat less of this, it's just higher calorie! Actually, healthy (natural) fat itself doesn't have much impact on sugar (10% becomes glucose), but if you eat fat with simple carbs (sugar), the sugar will raise your blood sugar and the fat will slow digestion causing it to remain longer. The healthier fats are mono-unsaturated or poly-unsaturated.

I try for 40 Carb, 35 protein, and 25 fat. I care more about what specifically I'm eating (less processed, more whole foods) than percentages, so honestly I eat probably like 50-55% carbs, and 25/25-something percent fats and protein... Not all of which is healthy. :worried: lol
  • Wednesday check in:

Food - belvita breakfast bar for breakfast, half of a cheeseburger for lunch, and I'm making pasta for dinner. I also had about 4-5 shortbread cookies. Needless to say, I didn't make the best choices with my meals today lol.

Exercise - something important came up and I missed my usual workout at the gym, but to make up for it I'm getting on my elliptical before dinner.

Water - I drank about 64 oz, but I'm still drinking more. That's a little less than usual because I forgot my water bottle again lol.

lisabear: honestly I don't know, I just go by the default suggestions on mfp.

• 13Strong
    Food:
    Breakfast 1 egg, 1 baconbacon
    Lunch ham&potato casserole and yogurt
    Dinner two small burritos and a piece of apple pie.

Water only 40oz.

Today sucked. I am going to probably have to go through the employee correction/warning program with a report because of their noncompliance today and it just sucks. Uggghhhh. I don't enjoy being a fill in supervisor at all.

My food percents are mentioned above. Today was probably 35 fat, 50 carb and only 15 protein...
  • 13Strong
    Thursday Add on: Post in your status your challenge to yourself today and complete it!
  • bookfoxx1987
    Wednesday Check in

Food: Same as the past two days (mixing it up a bit on Thursday and Friday though)

Water: Around 4 or 5 refills again

Exercise: None yesterday as it was a "day off"

Soda: Two, one 20 ounce at lunch and a 12 ounce can later after I got home. My sister bought it for me as payment for watching her dog the other day and my cravings have been awful. I'm going to *try* to keep the rest of the week to one a day!

In terms of my macro ratios, I follow a keto/low carb diet, so my carbs tend to be much lower (sometimes anyway, I'm only human and have my bad, carby days). I've noticed a lot of overall improvement since lowering my carbs, some of it weight loss, but then other things like more energy, better teeth and more nail growth. My macros are set at: Carbs 5%, Fat 74%, and Protein at 21%, though I typically end up with a slighter higher carb count and lower fat, especially where I haven't been as strict at it lately.

Wednesday's macros: Fat 94, Carbs 31, Proetin 76
  • LisaBear1986
    Water intake yesterday was terrible so today I'll do better.
    Food: Didn't get to eat my spaghetti for lunch yesterday so will have that for lunch today. Didn't have spaghetti for dinner last night, either. Breakfast: Thinking about making scrambled egg whites with fresh spinach, salsa, and avocado.

Exercise: ab carver - 10, 5 & 5; 15 girly push-ups, 40 crunches.

Realizing that it's almost the end of October and I am no where near my goal ';'
  • LisaBear1986
    Good morning. It's Friday!!! (Right??? Or am I dreaming?)
    I didn't really sleep all that well last night. I feel like I was half awake/half asleep and ended up getting up around 2:30 am and made meatloaf for our dinner tonight. I also made some breakfast burritos to send to work with the hubby. Meals for the day have been planned out: Breakfast - strawberry nonfat Greek yogurt, banana, and FiberOne granola bar. Lunch: Boneless lemon pepper chicken tenderloins, broccoli, salad with radishes and avocado. Dinner: meatloaf, baked potato, and salad with radishes.

Been doing chores this morning...feeling productive, and energized (for the time being) even though I'm a little sleep deprived. It's going to be a good day.

<3 LisaBear
  • 13Strong
    Lisa Yes, it's finally Friday!!! And, holy cow on waking at 2:30 and jumping right into the day! That's awesome! I generally just lay in bed.

Bookfoxx You've been doing great on soda. If you are trying to kick the habit, stick to the cans or better, the mini cans! (Have you seen those in stores?) That helps me when I crave it, but don't need it. I also go for smaller sizes for things like candy. I just want the taste, and don't need the quantity. But I must admit, I want the quantity too, lol. :)

Happy Friday Everyone!!!
    Friday's add-on: What are you thankful for that's small, simple, or is stereotypically insignificant? (ie sun, that your favorite cup, that a stranger smiled and said hi. The little things)

AnthonyPerez2_zps2448f9ca.jpg
  • Sorry I'm late for Thursdays check in. I had half of a turkey & swiss sandwich for breakfast, for lunch i had half of a burger made out of lamb, different but pretty good, and for dinner I had a carne asada burrito and I ate the whole thing! Lol. I was out all day with school and then with family so we ate out. I'm not good at choosing healthy food at restaurants. I don't want the salad, I want the big juicy burger with fries! Lol

Unfortunately, I might be taking a break from things for a week. I'll still check in so that I don't end up using this break as an excuse to binge eat while I study. All of my focus and energy is going into school right now. I have lab practicums on Monday and Tuesday, then I take the state exam on Wednesday, and I have two final exams on Thursday. So no going to the gym, or having any kind of life for that matter, till I'm done with all of that. I'm so nervous and to top it all off I got sick and I NEVER get sick so why now of all times? :(

thankful: I'm thankful for pajamas. If I could live in them forever I would ;)