Coconut oil for weight loss?

Options
Has anyone tried increasing intake of coconut oil on a daily basis for weight loss?

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of coconut oil but my intention is to optimize health. It likely did help with weight loss because of all the health benefits. I consume coconut oil every day, a tablespoon or more usually.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of weight loss being a direct benefit, but those who can consume it (unfortunately I can't) the other health benefits are worth it! It works really good on black hair texture and I've used it ever since I was a child.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    There have been lots of reports that an increase in coconut oil and help with weight loss..be very careful when you introduce it though as if not done slowly,it will have you running to the toilet,often :wink:
    Also,I use it for everything from make up remover to treating skin conditions and as a moisturiser..my child can't stand it but likes the fact that it fixes any problems we have
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have not yet aqcuired a taste for VIRGIN CO, BUT there is a refined one that tastes neutral. I use that one, until I build a taste to it.
  • MTours
    MTours Posts: 1
    Options
    My doctor is from Sri Lanka. She says that have little Alzheimers in Sri Lanka and they attribute that to the use of coconut oil and butter in cooking. We love the taste of coconut butter on bread.