How many calories?

Options
VastBreak
VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
I'm pretty new to hypothyroidism. Wondering how many calories a day are working for you? I am not having any success on 1400. When i did drop a few pounds over the holidays it was only because i had a crazy busy schedule for about 2 months and other then the odd day here or there i really didnt hit 1000 calories daily. I keep reading about how not to drop that low and so i have been pretty consistent of hitting pretty close to 1400 and losing nothing. I don't log daily here because I keep a written log to take it and out for the Dr and it just takes so much time to do both. I try to stick with high protein and limit my carbs especially processed ones. Coconut oil, nuts, peanut butter are there for the good fats.

Right now I am not taking medication, just thyrosol and isocort. Not only is my thyroid barely going but my adrenals are also struggling. My Dr is worried that if I don't help my adrenals first that the thyroid meds could make my problem worse. I'm also taking Vitimin D, Fish oil, a good multivitamin and a probiotic! I have started feeling better during the month of May but still not losing. Do I need to drop my calories?

I was also told to step down my exercise. I was doing the 30 Day Shred and on Week 6 of couch to 5k. Now I am walking. I also have a yoga class starting next week. I have to drive about 40 mins or so one way to get there so this will only be for a few weeks. Hoping to get some basics that I can start doing on my own at home.

Hoping to get some feedback from what has worked for others!