First ketostix today

Options
And it was an amazing purple color, matched perfectly to the second darkest block on the container! Whoot.

Replies

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling right? Just be aware...someone (not me though) is going to inquire if you are drinking enough water and advise you that your stix should never be that dark...because then, they will say, you could not be drinking enough water....

Personally, I like nothing better then purple patches...and I drink at least a gallon of water a day...

So let me go back to the whole congratulations, great work and celebrate!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-5 liters daily! So a gallon plus. I'd already drank about 2 liters yesterday before I tested.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    :D even more reason to celebrate it!
  • leicesteralex
    Options
    Thant means your body is using fat as fuel. Over the next 3 to 6 weeks you may have lower readings because your muscle will start to use ketones as fuel and in the end your brain will also be adapted to use ketones. This is a good thing because that has a glycogen sparing effect and you will need less protein. The readings can go down. A better way is to monitor ketone levels in the blood. A blood ketone meter here in Britain cost around £30.- but the strips are quite expensive at £3.50 per strip
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    :D even more reason to celebrate it!

Agreed. I am not too concerned over it. I figure if I am getting my net carbs under 20g and keep my fat at 65% plus of my intake, it ought to sort itself out.