30 Day Gratitude Challenge

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi there #tttaussies!!!

There are a couple of gratitude challenges going around at the moment and I think it's a really good idea. Obviously not my idea, but I think it's something that is good to share and get on board.

The idea is that for 30 days, we all post something that we are grateful for. You can post it here in the group, on your news feed or both. Think about what it is that makes you grateful, and pay it forward. Use the positive energy to enhance your life and those around you.

I started mine yesterday but you can start at any time, just do it for 30 days. You might want to take a few minutes every morning to think about what you are grateful for, or it might hit you during the day WHAMMO!! Whatever works for you.

Being grateful does good things for our souls.

Who wants to join in??

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 1 Gratitude Challenge: grateful for wonderful FitBit customer support peeps who have given virtual CPR to my beloved FitBit and bought back life where there was none. It's my daily reminder that no matter what happens, being active is better than just sitting around and I don't have to run a marathon, just simple walking will do.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 2 Gratitude Challenge:

Background... I was fed up with the large tubs of Chobani being out of stock. About 3 weeks ago I bought an Easiyo yoghurt maker with plain Greek yoghurt mix. It's been fabulous. Last night I made coconut yoghurt using coconut water instead of plain water, added some vanilla protein powder and shredded coconut this morning. It's delicious.

Today I'm grateful for learning and being given the tools over the last 2 years to make my own healthy food and enjoy the process and the benefits that it gives me. I'm no longer a slave to the supermarket shelves.
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Day 1 gratitude challenge: Today I am grateful that I did not lose my marbles at work yesterday over the insane workload I am currently wading through, and that I was still able to make healthy choices. I still managed to get my exercise in last night which made me feel a lot better!
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Gratitude Challenge: I am grateful that my bf is looking after our bathroom renovation so I can get on with work, uni, amending his uncle's website and working out. I sometimes bite off more than I can chew and he's always there to look after me.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 3 Gratitude Challenge: I am grateful that my job allows me the opportunity to work from home some days, and that in turn allows me to be available for my DD when needed. Like today. It's not always easy being a single parent, and being a full time working single parent puts the pressure on even more, but my employer deserves credit for doing what they can to make it easier for me. And on days like today, I'm really grateful for that.

Instagram #tttaussies
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 4 Gratitude Challenge

Today I am grateful for the gift of inner strength.

Although I am not an overly religious person (ok, not religious at all) I do regard spirituality as something quite different, and I believe that I'm spiritual. There's a quote "God doesn't give you anything that you can't handle" and I'm not sure how I feel about the quote... It seems to be thrown around a lot by people who don't have a lot of difficult things to deal with, but that's another story...

But I'm grateful to God for giving me inner strength, I need to fall back on it quite frequently.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - I'm grateful that I have the skills to help friends and family in need.

I'm often being asked to help with people's job applications and resumes, and I feel really good for them when it actually helps them get a job.
  • peejaygee1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 2 gratitude challenge: Today I am grateful that, although I feel like death warmed up with hayfever, I am actually alive.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This has only just signed up on my feed today!! Really don't like what MFP has done to the forum.

Ok, gripe over.

Day 4 gratitude - I am very, very greatful that I have friends I can call on to help me out at very short notice when I stuff up.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 5 Gratitude Challenge. Had a walking meeting today with a colleague. Just when I really needed to get out and thought I was going to be chained to another chair. Was a welcome relief to sitting all day. Grateful for having colleagues that don't feel like their importance is tied to having a corner office.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 6 Gratitude Challenge.

This morning I am grateful for my beautiful home. I woke up after a pretty good night sleep (for me) and I just felt, well, you know... at home. I opened my bedroom window blinds and the sun is streaming in. I padded out to the kitchen to put the kettle on, looked out my living room window (basically the entire wall) at the trees and hear the birds twittering away. It's just so peaceful. Made a cup of coffee and sat out on my balcony, no need to rush anywhere, no need to do anything right now if I don't want to. Just be at home and that's enough.

I've always felt "at home" here and very safe and secure. I'm grateful that I've been able to create a haven for us, and I look around and there's really not anything that I want to change.

I'm so blessed.
  • wahelga
    Options
    Day 6 gratitude - I am greatful I have a good mechanic who will be able to keep my car running safely until I can afford a new one in about 18 months. Thank you Marko :-)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 7 gratitude Challenge, seems silly but I'm so grateful that Aldi is open at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. I cleaned out the fridge this morning and I'm not joking we have barely any food! I'm going out today, so have decided to whip up to Aldi and do a big shop, should be home before DD is out of bed... When I was a kid the only thing open on a Sunday was the corner shop, now I don't even think corner shops exist. So I'm very sorry to all the people who work on Sundays, but oh so grateful to be able to go and get some groceries and fresh food!!
  • wahelga
    Options
    Day 7 - I am greatful for technology, that my automatic washing machine can do the laundry while I get on with other things. My grandmother had to boil the copper and it took her all day to do the laundry. I barely notice I am doing it.
  • peejaygee1
    Options
    I dunno what day I'm up to because I've been putting these everywhere, but today I'm grateful for family. I had a brilliant time catching up with mine this weekend, and I wouldn't change them for anyone else. They accept me no matter what without judgement and support me in whatever my endeavours are. I'm very lucky to have them and don't know what I'd do without them...
  • wahelga
    Options
    Day 8 - today I am greatful for the professionals I work with - colleagues, regulators, industry bodies and all. Their committment to what we are trying to achieve, their willingness to share their expertise and their (usual) good humour
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 8 Gratitude Challenge!! Today I am grateful for spam email and the giggles that I get from it. As always, I'm happy to share so here you go.... "Hello dear I enjoy every moment of my life - communication with my dear people, resting in the nature. I do my best, use all imagination to make my home cozy and to create a special place for private life. However, it is still a bit empty inside, because I miss relations with life partner with whom we will live side by side and share all the things - positive and negative. Best regards xxxx" LOL!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    edited October 2014
    Options
    and now for today!

Day 9 Gratitude Challenge. Today I am grateful for being Australian, being born in and living in a privileged country where I don't have to worry about being oppressed and can exercise my rights. Heard some terrible stories yesterday from a friend who has returned from travelling... I am thankful that I really have lived a spoilt and charmed life. Many have not.

Honestly, we just don't know how lucky we are!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Oh Helen I totally agree!!! My Mum had to boil the copper and wring out all the sheets, what about rags when you had your period!!! OMG the teens of today would die!!

I put my washing machine on delay for when I'm at work and it's usually just finished by the time I get home so I can hang it out in my garage or shove in the dryer. Imagine having to waste the whole weekend on it - ugh. We are so lucky!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    PJ - it's nice that you have a good family :)