Coffee Options

Options
boehle
boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
Good Morning (atleast here in the US, good afternoon/evening for everyone else.. LOL)
I have been working on lowering my carbs and doing pretty decent.
One thing I need to work on is my coffee.
I like the girly flavored options.
I drink half of it black, but then end up mixing it with a cappuccino and get killed with the carbs... What other options does anyone suggest?

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    sugar-free syrups. Torani and DaVinci are some I hear raved over a lot. I found a generic store brand caramel flavor in my local grocery. No cals or carbs for 1 squirt. I add it into my brew, with heavy cream, coconut oil, and a teeny bit of splenda. Tastes like girly coffee for only 5 carbs.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I use similar add ins as baconslave and I also use the flavored kcups
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I make bulletproof coffee in the blender. Adding grassfed butter, a splash of cream and some coconut oil whips it up just like a foamy latte from Starbucks. Zero carbs!
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I totally recommend bulletproof coffee. I add in a tsp. of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon too. :)
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    sugar-free syrups. Torani and DaVinci are some I hear raved over a lot. I found a generic store brand caramel flavor in my local grocery. No cals or carbs for 1 squirt. I add it into my brew, with heavy cream, coconut oil, and a teeny bit of splenda. Tastes like girly coffee for only 5 carbs.

Yes to the above, especially the SF syrups. My kitchen counter looks like an espresso stand w/ all of my bottles (w/ pumps!) of SF syrups. I use them for things besides coffee as well, so bonus!!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When I was crushing carbs then I cut dairy after a month because it kept adding significant lactose to my daily sugar totals.

Now I drink daily coffee black, and supplement with calcium, and it reminds me that I don't need the milk or non-dairy-creamer. Dairy and creamers are only infrequent treats, so they don't have a big impact on the diet.

Flavored coffees do not require dairy anyway. Just vanilla or cinnamon in the coffee will have a big taste change.

Stevia is very-low impact on diet but it affects your expectation of what food should taste like.
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I switched to drinking sugar free flavoured Americano then I add in heavy cream. Once in awhile I'll splurge and get a tall breve sugar free hazelnut latte. It's a latte made with h&h so the calories are around 400 but the fat is about 34g so I treat it like a meal.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I don't eat butter, but I do put coconut oil in my coffee and blend it up. So I guess I'm half bulletproof. Start slow, though, if you aren't used to eating a lot of it there might be some sudden laxative side effects if you start ladeling it in by the tablespoon.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms also has a line of flavored coffee creamers; however, they have no fat, no calories, and no carbs in them and their products are typically either hit or miss meaning you will either love it or hate it! lol I'm not a big coffee drinker myself so I haven't tried any of the Walden Farms flavored coffee creamers and so can't speak to how they actually taste.
  • maggielapelosa
    maggielapelosa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I add cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to the coffee grounds.
  • achrastina
    achrastina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are into a bulletproof-ish coffee, I've found these are some delicious options with girly flavours:

White Mocha: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2015/04/rocket-fuel-latte/
    Pumpkin Spice: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2014/10/mct-oil-liquid-brain-food/
    Mocha (I add peppermint instead of vanilla!): http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2014/11/rocket-fuel-cafe-mocha-with-chia-seeds/
    Eggnog: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2014/12/dairy-free-eggnog-rocket-fuel-latte/
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Dollar tree sells sf syrups. Hazelnut is really good. I make my coffee with that, heavy cream and coconut oil then whir in the blender. Yummy.
  • amyniehaus86
    amyniehaus86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a lot of coffee, but when I do, I get the no sugar liquid coffee creamer and just add splenda.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Flavored coffees do not require dairy anyway .....ahhh.. speak for yourself please, no way I can tolerate coffee at all without real heavy cream, used it for all my life, and truly enjoy the taste, and the LCHF diet is perfect for it.

History note: Airplane coffee service had to STOP printing even the words "coffee creamer" on the dry powder packets, as, of course, a dairy cow was never no where near the foodservice packing dept. to provide "cream" ..so in the late 1970s they HAD to change the name on the crappo little packets to "coffee whitener"...truth in advertising, eh?
  • jeniann73
    jeniann73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have tired to break my coffee habit but haven't. I get sugar free white chocolate powder americano from my coffee stand. The sugar free sauce has more carbs than the powder.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and some coconut oil and blend - no sweetener - the HWC gives it a nice flavor and I find I don't need the sweetness. Sometimes I'll add a little vanilla extract and cinnamon.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the sugar-free coffee syrups on occasion, but they are addictive AND give me headaches (the sweeteners in them bother me, apparently). I usually drink my coffee black, with heavy cream, or with coconut oil and butter. When I want a treat, I'll add some stevia and either cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder. I haven't gotten very creative beyond that.
  • ceceblackstock327
    ceceblackstock327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    BPC for me all the way! Or iced black...
  • janmarie22
    janmarie22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this bulletproof caveman coffee recipe 2-4 cups freshly brewed organic coffee, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract for flavor. If you prefer sweet I add stevia to taste... blend well until frothy! can be served hot or over ice B)