"sandwich" ideas

Sometimes i can't be bothered to cook and need something quick to prepare. I thought I start a discussion of favourite "sandwich" ideas but not other easy to prepare snacks are welcome as well.
So I buy me some large flat mushrooms, spread the flat side with mayonnaise and something I fancy like chicken, daily or ham. I love them and they are filling.

Replies

• RockLobster4
    RockLobster4 Posts: 18 Member
    That's a great idea! I will have to try that.

I've been melting shredded cheese in the microwave and letting it cool, then using it as a "tortilla" for a sandwich wrap. I'm not gonna lie, though, sometimes I really miss bread.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yesterday, I wrapped thin sliced london broil (beef!) with horseradish cheddar cheese and mayo and ready to use bacon I microwaved for 30 seconds. I rolled diagonally then cut my finished roll into three chunks and ate it with romaine on either side as the bread. I won't lie, it was *kitten* awesome. I do this with turkey as well, like a club sandwich, or with tuna/mayo.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    I use flax muffins as my bread http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649 without the stevia & cinnamon and I put it in a square container to cook it. Then I slice it & toast it a bit. works great!
  • A pickle spear wrapped in cheese wrapped in roast beef, wrapped in lettuce. You can add condiments but it starts to get messy.

There's a bunch cool sandwich bread ideas. I'll have to try the mushroom buns and flaxseed muffin deal.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Yesterday, I wrapped thin sliced london broil (beef!) with horseradish cheddar cheese and mayo and ready to use bacon I microwaved for 30 seconds. I rolled diagonally then cut my finished roll into three chunks and ate it with romaine on either side as the bread. I won't lie, it was *kitten* awesome. I do this with turkey as well, like a club sandwich, or with tuna/mayo.

Now that sounds tasty
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    I do ham and cream cheese rolls. you can add pickles!

But, this week I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded the whole thing, kept it in tupperware in the fridge, it helps make a quick meal out of anything!