Best chicken thighs EVER!

Options
And super easy. My two kids who ate them raved like crazy people, lol.

Season 3-5 bone in skin on thighs generously on the skin side with salt and pepper. Lay them skin side down in a non stick pan that has a lid. Turn on heat (yes, start with cold pan) on high. As soon as they start to sizzle, put the lid on, drop the heat to medium and cook for 16-18 min (I did 18).

The meat was incredibly tender but the skin was a revelation. Incredibly crispy and delicious.

I also made a pan sauce with the bits cooked onto the pan, 1/2 tbsp of the rendered chicken fat and 4 ounces of raw mushrooms. Sprinkle lightly with thyme and granulated garlic as the mushrooms cook, then add 2/3 cup chicken stock. Cook down to a sauce, which I served -under- the thighs. Next time I would double the sauce, but I only happened to have that many mushrooms laying around!

Replies

• ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice. Thighs are my favorite. I like the idea of the sauce.
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Sounds delish...especially the sauce.
  • JerryHowell88
    Options
    Good use of all that yummy and healthy "leftovers" in the pan! :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Good use of all that yummy and healthy "leftovers" in the pan! :wink:

I made it tonight again with the butter/oil left in the pan after I fried pork sirloin cutlets. Doubled it up, ummm keto gravy. My youngest kid ate it all mixed into her rice, and it was nice on my pork and cauliflower.

• globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yum......having this when I get back to my kitchen :)
  • JerryHowell88
    Options
    Making it tonight!