October 23

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
It appears that another weekend has come upon us and for this I am grateful. I am pretty excited for this weekend. For tonight my friend purchased some tickets for a group of us to go to a Halloween event at a place called Red Butte Gardens. I am pretty excited. Since it is a plant focused place it is going to focus on the plants that are involved in fairy tales and discuss them and have activities centered around them. I have never gone before so I am not quite sure what to expect. This Saturday I am also going to an event in which I have never participated before. I am going to a masquerade ball. I have my mask and outfit ready, and I hope that it will be a good time. I will try to get a picture and I will do my best to have a good time.

Pat, I read on another post that you are hoping for good weather this weekend for your bike ride. I am hoping the same thing for you. You have been looking forward to this ride so I will shake my fist at the weather gods on your behalf.

What does everyone else have planned for the weekend? Any trips or are you looking for more of a chance to relax? Both are solid options for sure.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Zac your weekend sounds like a lot of FUN!! Please post photos if you can! My weekend is going to be fairly quiet. The accrediation team that was suppose to be here this week, got postponed until 2nd week of December, so we are back trying to get ready for it! I plan a week in Dubai in about a month...I decided to take a break and visit a friend there. Will stay with her so that saves some $$ on the pricey hotels they have there. Just need to rent a car, don't really need that coz the transport system is excellent, but I liek to drive every chance I get!!

How do you plan your Halloween...having a party or going partying???
  • ronercat
    Options
    One day I definitely would like to take a trip to Dubai. It seems so interesting to me. This Halloween I am going partying. In the past I have experience with both, but since I already had a Halloween themed party at my place it was probably a good idea to get out. We are not sure where we are going on the night of Halloween, but there are about 8 of us who are dressing up as Marvel characters this year. Hopefully we get it figured out soon.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Thought I'd check in and let you know that I'm still doing good. This week's challenge is kicking my butt though. I decided to give up chocolate which is my MAJOR weakness. The good news is, I'm doing it though. It hasn't been easy and I've even had to change my protein bar so it didn't have chocolate, but I'm making it. Only a couple more days, lol. How's every one else doing? Good I hope.

As for my plans for the weekend, not much. Our weekends are really quite boring. Cody has to take his ACT test Saturday morning (omg, I can't believe my baby is taking the ACT). Sunday's church. And that's pretty much it. Maybe a little cleaning or laundry but nothing of excitement. Money is slowly improving in the house but we're not quite ahead enough to be able to afford to go out. Some day.

Nancy, did you post pics of your last Dubai trip? If you did, I must have missed them and I'm going to have to go back among the posts and find them.

Zac, your weekend plans sound like a blast. And you now we have to see your Halloween costume. I haven't dressed up in so long. I used to love it when Cody was little.

Well. I'm off to bed so I stay out of the kitchen.
  • ronercat
    Options
    That is some great work you are doing on the chocolate. I was doing pretty well with my no fast food until I forgot to bring my lunch to work the other day. That ended things pretty darn quick haha. I wish your son good luck on the ACT. I can't believe it has been about 11 years since I took that test. Time does just fly by.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    11 years? Lmao, we don't even want to discuss how long it's been since I took it!!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    LMAO too!! Hey....don't even go there!! Did they have them when I was in school?? I barely remember taking those types of test! Either I am blocking those memories, or age has 'blurred' them from me!! lol