To fast or not to fast? 4:3 or 5:2 on my birthday weekend

Options
To Fast or not to fast before my birthday tomorrow? I fast last Wednesday to prepare for the celebration yesterday. I am considering to fast today to prepare for my birthday celebration Saturday and Sunday. Then fast again Monday to prepare for 2 lunch invitations Tuesday and Wednesday. Then fast Thursday (my regular fast will be Monday and Thursday). What do you think should I do? Thanks

Replies

• thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, just coming out of my birthday, I was pumped that I still lost weight, even though I definitely enjoyed dinners out, more desserts than I've had in 2 months, and not tracking. I did exactly what you said- I just "controlled" the days I could, and enjoyed the other days. Change your mindset to maintenance. Don't overdo it everyday (I did go hog-wild this past weekend, so I'm not a good example), try to keep portions in check, but definitely allow yourself the one day that you ENJOY eating. Don't stuff yourself, but don't overthink every bite. It's like a recharge and then you can get back into your regular routine. Instead of adding extra low fast days, just try to add more moderate/calorie deficits days.

Have an awesome b-day!!!!!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Also, just wanted to add- for me, the key to this diet is not having to deprieve myself of birthdays, or social events, or those special treats. Instead, I try to be really good on the days I can, and then I can relax on those "relaxed" days. Try that mindset and it might help bounce back from birthday blowout :)
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Also, just wanted to add- for me, the key to this diet is not having to deprieve myself of birthdays, or social events, or those special treats. Instead, I try to be really good on the days I can, and then I can relax on those "relaxed" days. Try that mindset and it might help bounce back from birthday blowout :)

Thanks so much I had a blast while waiting for 12 midnight. I budgeted the skinny vodka and the lite lemonade.