Week 3 - 21 days doing IF picture comparision + Stats

Options
PcShed
PcShed Posts: 84 Member
Hi, here are my results so far on low carb, high fat nutrition plan.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rodrigs2013

Let us know what you think.
Many thanks
Sergio

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Nice results!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome results thus far!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the results so far. Saw some post on your blog about registering "very low" on ketones and needing to reduce carbs. Just remember if you do register you're in ketosis. The ketones in your urine is just excess that your body is not utilizing as energy. Usually darker shades on the stix = not good (usually dehydration).

Think of it like someone saying "I'm a little bit pregnant...."

Either they are or they're not... Ketosis it's either you're in it or you're not...

Also after doing a keto diet for 2 months I noticed that I stopped registering on the stixs once my body became fat adapted.
  • PcShed
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the advice. I use urine strips to check if i am in ketosis. So far so good and registering 0.5 with is the first level above negative so happy with that. In regards to dehydrated, no chance. i drink 8-10 litres of water and my urine 9 out of 10 is tranparent which is good.
    Did it take you 2 full months before your body adapted to using fats for energy? I was hoping that transition would be a bit quicker but its still early days as only 3 weeks in.
    cheers
    Sergio
  • OUFan70
    OUFan70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It took me only 2 weeks to become fully fat adapated. My bf % wasn't high from the started. I maintained a strict 2 week induction phase with no carb ups. My workout routines were crap at the time. Then by 3rd week I got the burst of energy. Working out heavy along with cardio. Started seeing the bf % drop and my strength increased allowing me to increase my weights in the gym. From there I only added carb days when I felt my body needed it (Ex. When I couldn't put up the same weights I was using the previous week). I usually carbed up every 7~12 days.

From what I heard people who start the diet with high bf% take longer to become fat adapted.
  • PcShed
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the info, very useful. I am currently very strict on my nutrition and currently doing a full week with 49g carbs per day. I am trying to reduce it to 30g but not easy when I need to hit my macros of 201g Fat and 194g of Protein.
    Current body fat at 26.5% at 239lbs
    This Sunday I will increase by calorie deficit by 169 bringing my total calories for the day at 2607 (BMR 2247) with 188g fat - 182g protein and 46g carbs.
    Also increasing intensity of compound weight trainining on deadlift, squat and bench press.
    Sergio