New here

wilrhy
wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
Hi --I am Donna. I had the gastric sleeve done on 9/9/14. I lost 25 lbs the 1sy month and now it is coming off very slowly. The dr said to make sure I get 70 protein daily and eat 800 calories --then up the calories to 1000 within the next month. Otherwise I will stay in starvation mode. I have upped the protein and i feel better but the scale sure is not moving much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Hi, Donna! I was sleeved 9/18/14 and I also lost weight quickly at first and then it has stopped since 10/20. I have read that several people have kind of stalled at week 5 so hang in there! I have been a little frustrated too but am trying to stay positive. What do you do for exercise?
  • wilrhy
    Ty--it is so great having the support of this group!
  • wilrhy
    I am restricted right now die to major back surgery and lots of new parts--LOl I am allowed to walk---
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    I am trying to walk more --- I have to admit that I hate cardio! But I am trying to be more active. With your back surgery, you probably have to be especially careful but minutes add up (that's what I say when I try to go for "just one more minute"). :)

Hang in there --- we will both kick this stall's butt soon.
  • wilrhy
    TY!
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    You got this girls!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Stalls are the pits, but they happen to all of us. I agree, hang in there, follow the plan, get as much walking in as you can and things will start moving again. Those scales will show a loss, just be patient with yourselves and your bodies.