CountDown to Christmas: Discussion Board!!!

Options
gonabfit
gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
Hey everyone:

I posted this on our weigh in board:

Keep up the GREAT work everyone! Proud of you all for holding on. Life has been stressful for me and work is my least favorite part of the day. Not my job (I LOVE the career) but the people I have to work with. -__- sigh..some of them aren't too bad. But I've decided to re-focus on my food and exercise so I don't blow up like a house due to stress!! :s:#

Trying to make life simple and trying to make my weight loss inevitable! going to build a discussion post so I don't mess up the weigh ins with my babbling!

I just wanted to give us a place to chat and discuss strategies. I've been MIA somewhat I admit... but stress is high and I'm trying to stay afloat. Between two mortgages, a stressful job, jerky co-workers, long hours, and little sleep.... I'm trying to manage it all and still focus on myself to some degree.

What struggles have you all had!? How did you fix them?

Here's what I've learned so far - on this weight loss journey:
1. I can not wait until I FEEL like doing it. - I used to love morning workouts, they make me feel rejuvenated. Even to this day, I LOVE the thought of waking up early to workout. Somehow I can barely peel myself out of bed early enough to make it to work early let alone workout. I'm working on it, but I've learned for now, I just have to work out when the spirit hits me. As long as it's one time a day(or 5-6 days a week)

2. I do not skip more than 2 days a row... My mood and my body thank me. LOL. I miss all the endorphins from running.

3. I can't work in a cluttered environment - so no matter how busy I am I've got to make it at least presentable if I want to focus on exercise after work... otherwise I go straight in to clean up mode, after lazy mode. lol.

4. I am doing 10 min workouts at a time until I feel up to doing more... Usually once I start I do 30-60 mins at a time. But it's the getting started and letting my mind go for a few minutes to have some peace.

5. I've NEVER done a workout I didn't enjoy or later regretted!

6. I will never give up.

7. I have to plan my meals and take my lunch to work.. or else I have no time to get food

8. I also have to pack easy to eat snacks. For some reason people seem to think I do not have normal metabolic needs and will do fine to not eat until 3 pm. NO WAY! Shoot - no wonder I feel so grumpy. Going to work on planning better so I can make at least one part of my life - simple.

Your turn. :smiley::wink:

Replies

• Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I have to work out first thing in the morning. If it doesn't happen before breakfast, it's not going to. I do much better with food and exercise when I have a solid routine going. (Ok, some would call it a rut, but it works for me.) When I'm not traveling during the week, it's actually much harder for me to make myself exercise and eat healthily, because then I have to factor in my family's schedule and needs. When I'm on the road, it can be all about me without guilt.