Anyone just started?

Options
hmparkin23
hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
Evening all - I just started couch to 5k today. Would anyone else who's just started like to add me, a bit of encouragement along the way?!
Thanks,
Helen.

Replies

• Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well. Feel free to add me.
  • MaryC830
    MaryC830 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another new starter. I've completed the program before (years ago) so I knew this was a great program to get back into the swing of things with! Good luck to both of you!
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I'm starting tonight. Feel free to add me. :)
  • brookemcfarlin12
    Options
    going to start this program tomorrow :) Kind of too late over here to start. Feel free to add me!
  • MaryC830
    MaryC830 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Week One, Run Two done! :happy: I had to use the treadmill today because of bad weather, but at least I did it!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You all rock!
  • laragc
    laragc Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm on W2D2 today and my right calf is killing me! Going to a running store to get my stride checked tomorrow.
  • eidillon
    eidillon Posts: 4
    Options
    Just started this week, W1D3 tomorrow. My legs are achey but I'm feeling good. I'd love a bit of solidarity too. Add me if you like!
  • preetikasharma
    preetikasharma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started this Monday, currently on W1D2. legs don't ache anymore and the sweat makes me feel proud of myself. :drinker:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Feeling good :happy:
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing week 2 day 3 tomorrow. I just wish my lungs could keep up with my legs.
    I walk at just over 4 mph so I think I've been trying to run too fast. I've noticed when I slow down it's a bit easier. Just need to work on my stamina.
  • NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just starting Monday:)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Love all these new runners! Great job getting out there and acing that first day. It's one of the biggest milestones you'll face as a runner.
  • ChatoGuy
    ChatoGuy Posts: 8
    Options
    I remember when I took up jogging in streets near my home (similar to C25K). My calves were on fire! I never knew there were so many hidden muscles in my legs! But if you stick with it and use a common sense approach,then all the little aches soon vanish and you start feeling great!
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting tomorrow. Looking forward to it :)
  • NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good Luck C25Ks!
  • destructor2013
    Options
    I just started last Monday. A real life friend of mine had been doing it and showed remarkable progress and we are of similar builds so I figured if he could do it so could I. I had lost 5 lbs by the end of the first week which is just crazy. Part of it could be coincidence or water retention or lack thereof, but even so...In previous attempts at losing weight I have never noticed that much progress that quickly.

I have never been into running or exercise in general. I did play soccer when I was kid though from elementary-middle school and of course I had gym class in high school as well. But that was 13+ years ago. I am the living embodiment of a couch potato. My friend inspired to at least try it. And hey if it didn't work I could always quit right? Well I could already feel myself having more energy by the end of the week and I know if I stick with it, I'll be doing even better.

I started out at 285 lbs. 5'9". I'm 31 years old. I had to start out only doing 1/2 the time it says in total. My first day I did 15 minutes total and felt like I was going to pass out at that point. I was barely able to move or stand let alone exercise. My 2nd day got interrupted when I was almost done with my 15 minutes as I had to help someone who had car trouble, but I came back and picked up where I left off and finished the 15 minutes. 3rd day I did 15 minutes again. I was going to try to do 30 minutes today for the first time but was still too worn out by 15 minutes to do anymore. I am going to have to do 15 minutes again this week and try again for 30 next week. I have no problem with repeating days or weeks until I am ready/comfortable to move on. I don't want to over-exert myself and wind up injured or making myself ill. I am ridiculously out of shape and have to take it slow to build up to it.

My goal is to get down to 175 and then maybe 165 after that. My reasons for doing this are several. Health of course. A family history of diabetes though that could be related to their lack of exercise as well. I want friends & family members to see me after a year or 2 of doing this and be shocked at how much I've changed physically. I want to be more physically attractive to women and thus be able to have more confidence in myself when I approach them. I want them to check me out as I walk past and think ****! And I want to have more energy to just do things in general in my everyday life.

I'm looking forward to completing this hopefully by the Fall, but if it takes me longer, so be it. I don't really have any desire to run any races, but maybe if I get in decent shape I could try that. I'm planning to try out the 10k one once I am done with the 5k one and comfortable with that.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Just started OVER today! Yeah, let life get in the way a bit. Decided to just start over but try to push a little harder this go round. Great to see so many people giving it a go! Good luck everyone!! :smile:
  • resilient86
    Options
    I think I'll be starting tonight when I get home. No, I will be starting tonight when I get home. Please add me, I'm new to MFP and could use the support for completing this running program!
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I jus finished week one. Feel free to add but lemme kno ur from here :)