I've lost 20 lbs in 2 months on keto!!

I'm posting this because I know some people struggle with Keto but I can say it is worth mastering!

I started at 191 lbs, 5'6.5", 41years old and am female so 20 lbs is no easy task for a past yo-yo dieter! I'm so excited and finally feel in control of my physical life again and am committed to a low-carb high-fat lifestyle for the rest of my life!

For those wondering EXACTLY what I did, I used a keto calculator (http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/) and did not cheat once on high carb foods! My calories weren't super low (1600 average) and I mostly ate real foods rather than packaged or special diet products, including 2 cups of leafy greens daily. Although, I do love my Erythritol sweetener (Swerve) when I really need to make a sweet treat. I tracked everything I ate in MFP and wear a Fitbit to track my steps and provide extra motivation to walk everyday. I average about 13000 steps daily (mostly walking my dog around my neighborhood or hike the trails). Just a few weeks ago, I started a weight training program 3 days a week but I keep it fairly basic and stick to large muscle groups (i.e. squats, deadlifts, bench press, lat pulldowns, shoulder press, plank) 3 x per week. I didn't do any carb cycling because I wanted to become keto-adapted and don't do any IF intentionally because I'd be starving if I went without eating too long and that's not good for a binge eater.

I found support on Facebook from a couple of Keto groups because I like that forum style and found that there are some great recipe swap pages.

Two I really enjoy are:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mylowcarbketocooking/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/doingfit/

I have about 25lbs left to lose to be dead center in my BMI range. I'm hoping to drop another 15 lbs by the end of the year and the remainder a little slower in the first 9 days of the New Year. I'm looking forward to getting some updated blood work done in February to see how keto has impacted my health indicators!

Good luck!!

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Awesome job!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    How did I miss this? Amazing job. You're losing like I have. Eventually you'll hit a slowdown while your body is wondering what the heck happened and whether or not it likes it. But as long as you keep following the plan so well, you'll pick right back up. Great job. Keep it up!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    That's awesome progress! Congrats!

P.S. I think your dog is adorable :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    That's super great!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Great post, thanks for sharing! You are an inspiration, you must be so proud of yourself, and SHOULD be!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Great job.

I lost nothing pound wise for the first 10 weeks but an inch at the belt some chin flab. Weeks 11-12 I dropped 5 pounds plus my pain level is lower and I am moving/walking much faster.
  • akchick3
    akchick3 Posts: 4 Member
    thanks for posting! i am just about to start, with almost same starting stats as you! been dieting since i was a teenager! here's to your continued success!
  • Thanks everyone and good luck to each of you too!