pumpkin spice fat bombs!

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
1 scant cup canned pumpkin (about 9/10 cup)
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 c. coconut oil
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
one shake nutmeg
pinch cardamom
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbs rich coconut milk or coconut cream (if you don't have this, you can substitute heavy cream)
2 tbs heavy cream
Preferred Sweetener to taste (I used 2 packets Stevia and about 3 tbs of Splenda)

Place pumpkin, coconut cream and softened cream cheese in a food processor or blender and puree until well mixed. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and coconut oil. Cool slightly for 5 minutes and add to the food processor. Puree again until smooth. Add your sweetener of choice. Add sweetener slowly, tasting and adjusting to suit your preference level. You may also wish to adjust the spices if you don't like my blend. If you use a blender and it has a spout, you can pour directly into the silicone molds, or transfer the puree to a measuring cup (not all at once) and use that. Place the silicone molds onto a cookie sheet and place on level surface in your freezer; freeze for a minimum of 4 hours (I usually freeze them overnight). Pop them out and enjoy or freeze in plastic bags for later consumption. Makes 36 fat bombs if silicone molds are 1” square and filled only ½-way. If you make 36, each is 78.7 kcal, 8.6 g fat, 0.4 g n.c., and 0.37 g protein. If you make fewer, just multiply those numbers by 36, then divide by the number you make for the correct nutritional information.

Replies