Thanksgiving Recipes?

lilyann001
lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
Does anyone have any clean eating recipes for Thanksgiving? In particular I'm looking for a pumpkin pie recipe and a stuffing recipe for the turkey. Recipes for anything else on Thanksgiving are welcome though!

Thanks!

Replies

• mburcroff86
    mburcroff86 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I've been thinking about Thanksgiving a lot since we are hosting this year. I'm not sure about pumpkin pie or stuffing because mashed potatoes are my favorite. I found a recipe for mashed turnip which have the same look and density as mashed potatoes and they are super healthy for you vs. all the carbs you eat with potatoes. Good Luck!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Michelle Tam has an awesome Thanksgiving recipes page - all clean ingredients. Check it out:

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/67751963650/forky-friday-nomtastic-thanksgiving-roundup

• lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    Thanks guys!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    DashingDish.com has a Thanksgiving section on it's site right now. I love the recipes!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    I found this pumpkin pie recipe yesterday. Looks pretty good!

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-pumpkin-pie/
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    I'm not sure how clean I'll be eating on Thanksgiving :| The turkey is good as is the farm fresh corn. My cousin's wife usually does really good mashed sweet potatoes that are clean because their children have quite a few food allergies. I am making cranberry sauce which will be clean.

Not sure I can pass up my 93 yr old Grandpa's homemade egg noodles though.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    My stuffing recipe:

Bake a double batch of sweet cornbread the night before.

In a large bowl, crumble the cornbread. Add 1 small finely chopped onion, 4 finely chopped celery stalks, 2 finely chopped carrots, 4 cups turkey broth (I boil the turkey neck and gizzards with onions, salt and pepper to make the broth I'm going to use in the stuffing and later in the turkey gravy), 1 tbs poultry seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 2 raw eggs, 4 chopped hardboiled eggs, water for consistency. Stir all and taste test. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Stuff away. What you don't stuff, bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.