Check In Daily! 10/27 - 11/2: Commitment Counts!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
Last week of October!

Check in Everyday. Make it important!
- Food
- Water
- Exercise
- How's the day!

fitness-is-like-marriage_zps6912d486.jpg

Replies

• 13Strong
    Options
    Monday Add-on: How'd last week go? What is your goal for this week?
  • hephnerc
    hephnerc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Monday check in -

Food- My goal today is to stay near my 1200 calories and not be under by too much.

Water- My goal is to drink at least 5 glasses of water today. This is a glass more than every day last week. I noticed over the weekend the more water I would drink the less hungrier I would be between meals.

Exercise- My goal today is to make up for the weekend. I really seem to slack off over the weekend. I need to stay focused and really start losing some inches here to fit into my dress blues.

So far today is going great. I parked just about as far away in the parking lot as possible to make myself have to walk a little farther. When I start softball I plan on walking to the field instead of driving and running with the girls if my knee will allow it.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My food goal for the week is to track everything and stay within goal calories. Exercise goal: make it to gym at least 3 times. Water: three 20 oz bottles per day

Breakfast: Maple brown sugar oatmeal with raisins. Lunch: Fettuccine alfredo with shrimp, mushroom and onion Dinner: tbd Snack: crave crusher shake with coffee, string cheese and apple

Exercise: I walked around the hospital at breakfast and lunch. I am going to spin class after work and signing up for a fitness assessment that I keep postponing.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Food: Did well till dinner, then ate 2 cookies and a slice of pizza... :/

Exercise: Not nearly as much walking as normal at work. I'm going to add squats to my mornings

Water Hit 50oz again, and again that's not enough. Ugh. So hard to drink

Last week: went OK. End of week I was active but over ate. I'm close to my 5lb goal for the month and feeling like I'm now going the wrong direction...

This week I want to do squats daily, and drink 60oz of water every day!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    kashaas wrote: »
    Water: three 20 oz bottles per day

We have the same goal! Let's try to motivate each other to keep it!

• 13Strong
    Options
    hephnerc wrote: »
    Monday check in -

Food- My goal today is to stay near my 1200 calories and not be under by too much.

Net calories right? I go for 1200 - 1700 net and it works well for me. Whenever my job becomes physically demanding I just add it as exercise minutes to make sure I'm eating enough, else mentally adjust, thus the 500 range. Your activities also sound like they can range greatly.

• bookfoxx1987
    bookfoxx1987 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:

Food: Standard breakfast with a cheesy chicken casserole for lunch and a turkey burger with some jalapeno poppers for dinner. Then I snacked on a good muffin (low carb) followed by my boyfriend's frosted cupcakes :-p

Water: I think I got in about 3 to 4 refills of my 24oz water bottle. As always, it feels like I tapered off in the evening.

Exercise: Got in 20 minutes in the morning on the treadmill. Should have done more in the afternoon, but I had a pile of dishes to do, which took a while, and then I was hungry.

Soda: one yesterday, though it was another 20 oz. Going to get a smaller one today.

This week's goal: Get in three circuit trainings in, at least a half hour each.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Tuesday Add-on:
    Do you eat anything special before or after working out, or with intention of fueling your muscles??

How-to-burn-calories-fast_zps0d09a76a.jpg
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Overate today!
    Food: Casey's breakfast burrito, chicken wings (3), oat meal, butterfingers, peanut butter bar, and McDonald's cheeseburger meal (no pop).

Exercise: None

Water: Hit my 60.

What I intentionally eat to promote workout energy or muscles: Milk, Banana, and sometimes homemade protein shakes
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello.

Good morning. It's Wednesday...Happy Hump Day! And I'm freezing! Can't wait to turn my heater on. lol.

Water yesterday was better. Got my 64oz in. WooHoo! Have been struggling to get it in.
    So, after finding that I dropped my FitBit outside and the dogs chewed on it, I was pretty excited that it was still working...but it ended up only working for a few days after I found it, and it finally died. I'm pretty sad because it actually helped me keep moving! I will have to see about getting another one :\

I haven't figured out food for today yet, but wanted to finally post for the first time this week! Eeek! Have a great day y'all!

Lisa
  • bookfoxx1987
    Options
    Tuesday's Check In:

Food: Same as Monday only I had carrots baked in the oven as a side instead of the jalapeno poppers.

Water: About 5 refills

Exercise: 30 minutes of circuit training (abs)

Soda: One 12 ounce can

I wouldn't say that I eat anything special. I drink a lot of water during to stay hydrated, but that's really it.
  • 13Strong
    Options

Soda: One 12 ounce can

Awesome!

• 13Strong
    Options
    Good morning. It's Wednesday...Happy Hump Day! And I'm freezing! Can't wait to turn my heater on. lol.

We had to turn on our heater too. Last night it got down below freezing. Cold!

• LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good morning..
    Losing my enthusiasm finding something descent to eat. Running out of ideas because I'm tired of eating the same things. Need to look at recipes to change it up a bit.

Breakfast - maybe some egg whites with spinach and tomato.
    Lunch - pizza on English muffins
    Dinner - chicken
    Snack - tomato, string cheese, clementines, banana.

It's Thursday...one more day before Halloween. Ahhh! And Elijah now wants to go get a new costume. He was going to be a Hotdog (he got a hotdog costume for his bday last year but didn't wear it) but at the kids' school they can only dress up as storybook characters if they have a book to carry with him. I don't know any children's books about a hotdog...nor do we own one.

Almost the weekend. I'm pretty anxious for the weekend to begin. Again, gotta go grocery shopping. I don't remember ever going to the grocery store on a weekly basis, but this sucks.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    This might be a bit tmi, but TOM has arrived for me 10 days early. Which explains why I've been craving sugar like none other...

Yesterday (Wednesday)
    Food - Breakfast burrito again (homemade this time), Club sandwichi, McDonald's mocah (non-fat milk), 3 cookies, 1 mounds candybar, and 1 piece of pie... Yep that much junk food.

Exercise - 20 minutes, 10 squats

Water - Hit the 60oz goal again.... Forcing myself to drink 3 20oz bottles is working, I have to drink 1 by noon, 1 by 4pm, and 1 by 8pm. I know I could drink more water if I learn to actually drink during the day because I'm basically drinking half a bottle in 10 minutes and then drinking the other half near my self-set deadlines.

Lisa I go to the grocer weekly due to fresh veggies. Once I have my freezer filled when things are on sale, I don't spend that much week to week, but it can be a time killer since I like seasonal or sale items.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Challenge Yourself Thursday!!!

01_strive-for-progress_zpseaa4c080.jpg
  • bookfoxx1987
    Options
    I'll do yesterday's and today's real quick

Wednesday Check in:

Food:
    Breakfast - Sausage egg and cheese with avocado, no bread
    Lunch - Cheesy Chicken Casserole
    Dinner - Here's where I was bad= Papa John Breadsticks.

Water: four refills

Exercise: Arc Trainer in the morning for about 17 minutes.

Didn't do great on Soda either. Drank a 16 oz at lunch and a 20 oz with dinner.

Thursday Check in:

Food: Probably same as Tuesday. I have two turkey burgers left to eat this week and then I have scallops for the weekend

Water: Just refilled for the fourth time!

Exercise: None yet though it looks like I'll be getting in a couple of walks. One to deliver a Halloween costume to a friend and another after I ride into downtown to get my bus pass. Should end up being around an hour, hour and a half total.

Soda: Only one 20 oz so far. (I'll make tomorrow's a small)
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Thursday Check In:

Food -
    Overate. Feeling full. I need to find a medium when getting seconds. If I'm hungry, I get seconds but when I do this it seems I'm taking too much for what I'm hungry for...

Exercise. Did 15 pushups. 25 squats. And walked 50 minutes

Water Hit 60oz! :smiley:

Food is a huge problem for me right now. Stress eating, tired eating, over eating, too large of serving size... Need to get a handle on this else I won't lose the 10-15lbs before dress shopping in Jan.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Marco?

- crickets -

Anyway, Friday and Saturday went well.

Friday I ate under calories but did not track. Im working hard on being consciousness of what I am eating.

Saturday I ate over my calorie goal but did not over eat - yay!

Water. Its very hard to hit 60oz for me... Very! Need to do it though.

Been working all weekend. Lots of stairs and carrying stuff. I'm actually sore today.

Hope everyone else's days are going well!