The ChaLean Extreme Support Group - TurboFire Topic!

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
As some of you already know I've been working through TurboFire. ... slowly - My first day was 10/9 and I'm still finishing up the first week's schedule. (10/27)

I like to do other exercises on the weekends (I got a Stand Up Paddleboard and I'm taking advantage of it as long as Houston weather will allow).

After 17 days I've lost ZERO pounds. This is normal for me, I normally don't lose for about 3 weeks sometimes, with fluctuations of about 2 pounds for a while. Not stressing out.

I am again doing these workouts in the Aerobics room at the work gym. Recently someone broke the TV so I had a few days of only running on the treadmill and then a few days where my friend loaned me her portable DVD player (yay!).

I already miss PiYo flexibility. Use it or lose it, that is SO true. My hamstrings are TIGHT.

With that, know I will not be able to complete any workout that is longer than around 45 minutes or do the "TurboFire X" + "Stretch X." (X = number of minutes). Today was Core 20 and Stretch 40. Since I didn't realize I needed a band, I did some of one and some of the other.

I'll keep my updates here.

I'm considering starting Week 1 over.

Anyone else doing TF?

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I just realized the heading for our group is the TurboFire logo. Interesting.

Today was Fire 45 and Stretch 10
    I did about 40 minutes of the first workout - Music is pumping. "Pull over that xx is to fast!" "Boom, I got your boyfriend!" She really gets you going.
    I love the double bob to knee slap. Her ponytail just swings around!

Admittedly, I was not able to do all of this without a few extra walks around the room. But I'm getting better!

I was unable to do Stretch 10 due to time constraints.

Side to side movements caused a blister on my big toe! That's new...
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found here. Sounds like your doing a great job with the turbofire. I plan on starting Monday. I know I enjoyed doing CLX with your group. Since then I put on a few lbs and know TF will get me back on track. I Love this workout.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    LDeegirl wrote: »
    I am glad I found here. Sounds like your doing a great job with the turbofire. I plan on starting Monday. I know I enjoyed doing CLX with your group. Since then I put on a few lbs and know TF will get me back on track. I Love this workout.

Yay!!! I started week 2, but will be bumping out the weekends and doing other workouts.

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    HIIT 20 and Stretch 10 on 10/30
    HIIT 20:
    18 minutes long.
    3 different drills, 2x2 and 1x3. I liked the last one the best - which is great since that's the 1x3. I was breathing hard and definitely sweating.
    Music was good, but not anything to write home about (except drill 3).

Stretch 10: You will do this video often. I didn't have time to complete, but it was definitely needed after all the lunges, etc.

Day After:
    OMG. Where my hammies attach to my glutes are on fire this morning. Going up stairs is a chore.

Today on the schedule says "Rest" but I'm going to do Stretch 40 today and rest tomorrow.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    HIIT 15:
    16 minutes long.
    3 different drills, 3 times each.
    Lots of jumps, so watch Ali's modifications.

This one goes fast since it's only about 15 minutes long. I still feel pumped and it's been about an hour.

Music is good for the drills, normal TF filler music in between. Not much resting, this is a get in and get it done workout.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ Class:
    I am never able to do the classes that are longer than 45 minutes since I do my videos at work. It is actually about 53 minutes.

Music is GREAT!!

This video has a lot of the kickboxing moves and combos.

I did one "FireDrill" and then had to start wrapping it up, so I skipped to the cool down. TF cool downs do not stretch me enough, so I usually do my own 5 minutes after she's finished the video.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to do this entire workout due to time constraints, but maybe I should start skipping around in the combos (ie: skip first and third and do second and fourth?)

This class is not EZ. But it is fun!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Is the EZ same as Fire 55? I bought mine this summer and it did not have any of the EZ workouts in it. I think 45 and 55 are my favorite though, even though they are longer. I feel like there is just too much Fire 40 on the schedule that it just gets old. I finished the program and did miss some strength training. I plan on CLX and Turbo Fire to start off my new year though.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Is the EZ same as Fire 55? I bought mine this summer and it did not have any of the EZ workouts in it. I think 45 and 55 are my favorite though, even though they are longer. I feel like there is just too much Fire 40 on the schedule that it just gets old. I finished the program and did miss some strength training. I plan on CLX and Turbo Fire to start off my new year though.

You made me look. On the schedule it says "Fire 55 EZ" and on the disk it also says "Fire 55 EZ." Maybe you are thinking of the same workout but without the "EZ?"

Fire 45 is listed often. I guess by the end I'll be going through these with no problems!

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Core 20 and Stretch 40

Core 20:
    18 minutes long (IIRC)
    You will need your workout band with you for this session and plan to use it for about 3/4 of the video.
    Music is standard, nothing fancy or memorable.
    You may not feel like you're working to hard standing, but once you go to the ground you might cry a little.

Intensity level: 2.5/5

Stretch 40:
    42 minutes long.
    I've now done this about 3 times and I can definitely tell I'm getting more flexible. That makes me super happy because I've been feeling not as flexi since I moved from PiYo to TF.
    Music is lame (IMO) and I may start to use my own music during.
    Unfortunately during a double workout I cannot complete the entire routine, but I do like the stretch and I don't get tired of Chalene like I do Tony H during his YogaX or One on One.

Intensity level varies by flexibility. Today was 3/5
  • LDeegirl
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing awesome with your workouts! I really like reading your descriptions of the workouts and music as I have only done a handful of the workouts. This week I have only been doing the Fire starter workout M,T & Wed. Unfortunately I am a bit out of shape since I took a 4 month break. I love Fire starter for now. In the past I have done Fire 45ez , fire 30 , hiit 15 & hiit 20 and the low impact hiit 20 & abs and core. Fire 45 & 55 really sounds fun and I plan on adding that soon. As of now I am working my way back into the workouts slowly. Plan on starting some kind of schedule soon. Are either of you two following a schedule? I will also be adding CLX back in at some point. Keep up the great work. :)
  • LDeegirl
    Options

I have the older set and have both fire 45 and fire 45EZ and they are totally different workouts. The EZ workouts do not have the fire Drills. Fire 45EZ is my favorite so far. Check out on clips youtube. I have the advanced set also and look forward to doing them soon.

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    LDeegirl wrote: »

I have the older set and have both fire 45 and fire 45EZ and they are totally different workouts. The EZ workouts do not have the fire Drills. Fire 45EZ is my favorite so far. Check out on clips youtube. I have the advanced set also and look forward to doing them soon.

I didn't realize there were 2 sets. I may have the others from a set I bought that I thought was legit but probably wasn't (some of the DVDs won't play). I wound up buying a for-real-thru-my-coach set sometime last year and haven't had problems with those. And, since I purchased through a coach I got the special DVD with the Greatest HIITS (or whatever it's called).
    Also, PiYo came with 45EZ?

I appreciate the thanks for the descriptions. I forgot earlier to give them the Intensity ratings like I did for PiYo. and don't know how to edit my posts.
    I really should put them into a blog.

Note* Yesterday was Core 20 and I used a band they had in the gym (forgot mine AGAIN). I'm so sore today, low abs and center abs.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Today was Fire 45 (again). No Stretch 10 for me.
    OMG I'm so sore from core yesterday that I had trouble doing the ski-to-knee-lift motions, especially in the beginning when I wasn't quite warm.

I actually tried to make it thru 100% of the workout but toward the end I was running out of time and even though she said I was getting my second wind, I wasn't.

This workout again put some pressure/rubbing on the outward side of my big toe. I have no idea how to fix this.

Workout is about 44.5 minutes.

Intensity Level: 4.5/5.

I'm hoping the more I work through this the better I get. I'm learning the routines at least!!

Note to self: Yogurt does not make a good pre-workout snack.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Fire 45 EZ -
    Approximately 43 minutes.
    This is different than the Fire 45 (answers the question above) and was included in the collection. It is located farther back in the folder than the regular Fire 45.

In the beginning I didn't recognize the music, but as we went on I recognized a few of the songs. She does a really good job with one of them where you punch "to the left, to the left, to the left, to the left" and then switch "to the right, to the right, to the right, to the right!"

There are some fun/cute moves in this workout that make you feel pretty girly and sexy at the same time. Timing for me was off this go-round, but next time I'll know what to expect.

Even though the title says "EZ" I don't think it was that easy. This is my first time doing this workout, so I think next time will be much better. I do think I was able to keep up better on this than on the "regular" F45.

Intensity Level: 4/5

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    HIIT 25 + Stretch 10 -

HIIT 25:
    24.5 minutes long.
    Music is so-so, not as pumped up as I would prefer.
    4 Drills, 2x each. By the time you know the moves you're learning a new one!

Lots of jumping in this one. Jacks, Air Jacks, Squat/Jumps, and the last drill gives you some Chalene Sumo Burpees. (I was actually able to do these -yay!!) As always, watch Ali for Mods. Sometimes I have to do her mods, but they are so fun!

My first drill I was ready to quit, but I didn't and the actual workout goes very fast. It's only 25 minutes long.. but that doesn't make it easy.

Intensity Level: 5/5

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    HIIT 15 + Tone 30.

I gave a brief review of HIIT 15 above. I will repeat that it goes perfectly with the music so it's easy to keep count and know what's expected.

Intensity: 4/5.

Tone 30:
    About 31 minutes on the clock. Unfortunately I couldn't do most of the first half since I only had a lower body band and not my band with the handles, which she is reliant on.
    Some of the warm-up had a ChaLeanX-esque momentum. The tricep kickbacks, the shoulder stretches, the arm rotations. Easy to follow.

Since I was unable to do the workout, it's hard for me to judge intensity level, but after doing PiYo, I did notice the lunges were much easier for me.

I am going to make a note to grab the band from the gym next time. Once I start a video I don't like to walk out in case someone comes in and I'm away.

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Fire 45 EZ and S10:
    Did not get easier yet. I also had a larger breakfast than normal with my team at work, so I wonder if all that food didn't help.

S10:
    I completed the stretching and really needed it. It's about 12 minutes long actually. Music sucks in this, but if you are listening to the cues, after the neck stretches you don't really notice it.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    It's me again. Looks like it's been a few days since my last post. Yesterday I did a Yoga class they offer at my work gym. It was nice, relaxing, and made me realize my hammies are SO TIGHT! More stretching, please!

Anyhow, the reason you're following these posts are for my thoughts on the TurboFire workouts.

My mentality right now is not so good - or it hasn't been anyway. The 45 and 55 are tough for me to get through. Every time I see one on the schedule I sort of get the "I don't wanna's!" And they are on the schedule a LOT. (Now that I've counted them in the first month, I think I may actually just be a cry-baby. They are NOT on the schedule that often).

Do I love the music? YES! Do I like to shake my booty around? YES! Do I love Chalene? YES, Yes, yes!

Maybe I prefer the tempo of the HIITS better.

#pitypartyforone #movingon

So instead of doing the workout I dread and not giving it my all, I substituted a TurboFire workout from the "KEEP ON BURNIN'" dvd. (Free for ordering TF from a BeachBody Coach).
    This disk offers 3 workouts for a total of 45 minutes.
    Greatest HIITS
    Ab Igniter Class
    Stretch 10 Class (unsure if this is the same S10 or not)

I selected "Greatest HIITS"

Greatest HIITS is 20 minutes long.
    4 Drills, 2 times each, all from different workouts.
    These do count down as ONE workout, not the counters from wherever they are in the original workouts.

The THIRD drill she says "LAST ONE!" and I thought she was serious. She wasn't. There is one more after that. I should have known better. When she said that there was still about 9 minutes on the clock.

Drills 3 and 4 have Chalene style Sumo Burpees in them. I wasn't expecting that. But there was another lady in the aerobics room doing some light weight lifting, so I had to show off and get them done. (Hooray for being challenged!)

Today, I think I fell in love with this workout again. I felt so energized! I normally walk the treadmill or about 10 minutes after each workout as a cool-down, but today I was SO PUMPED.

She does mention your heart rate will be higher the rest of the day ... I walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill and had to stop because of time constraints. I probably could have kept going. My heartrate stayed in the 118-120 range the entire 20 minutes.

So thanks for reading along, friends. My Fire was lacking Turbo, but today I think I actually had some Turbo in my Fire. (ha see what I did there??)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Update: Greatest HIITs, the day after. OMG. I've got some serious DOMS today. Woah.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did HIIT 25 yesterday as my first turbo fire workout. It is definitely different than I am used to with the music and the fire-whistle stuff.... great workout of cheesy fun. :)