Headaches

Options
wiseeliz
wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
While running my W7D2 today (fairly good run, except my phone died halfway through - gah!), I very developed a headache in the back of my head, right at the base of my neck (on either side of my spine). I cannot absolutely rule out non-running causes (stress or dehydration), but I'm wondering if anyone else gets headaches while running and what you do to prevent/treat them? I managed to run through it, but obviously it's much more pleasant to not have a headache while running!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Dehydration or posture. If you're straining your neck/ shoulders then that might contribute
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am a migraine sufferer. I found out over the summer that I have exercise induced migraines. Starts at the base of the neck for me. Anything over 45 mins and I need ibuprofen afterwards. I had to go to a doc and run a whole bunch of tests to figure it out. I thought it was dehydration or electrolyte imbalance after running. I would suggest you get checked out if it continues or increases in severity especially after you rule out dehydration and other regular issues.