5 Years Ago.....

deansdad101
deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
...this could have been the front cover photo on Time Magazine with a caption something like;

KILLER FAT and EGGS - Put American Population at Risk!

Well, that didn't work.....pic was rotated, tried to "fix" it and now it won't let me add it back in - live and learn.
2 sausages, fried egg, mini burger, butter, fat.

l8oc56j82117.jpg

718 cals
2 carbs = 1%
60 fats = 77%
39 proteins = 22%

Works for me

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I need to eat this right now!
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Yes, it looks yummy! :p
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    I would explode
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Ha ha I'm eating turkey sausage and eggs right now!!!! That looks sooo good!
  • deansdad101
    FD;

"turkey sausage?" - HOT Italian Pork is where the TASTE (and the fat) is at!!!

To each their own, of course, but one of the VERY BEST benefits of LCHF living (for me) is REAL BACON, REAL SAUSAGE, etc - the turkey (et al) "subs" just don't cut it.

(and yes, I know my use of the term "real" will likely rile the base - so be it <bg>

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,016 Member
    NOM!!!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    FD;

To each their own, of course, but one of the VERY BEST benefits of LCHF living (for me) is REAL BACON, REAL SAUSAGE, etc - the turkey (et al) "subs" just don't cut it.

(and yes, I know my use of the term "real" will likely rile the base - so be it <bg>

What? You are not on the main forums. How could you rile anyone up in this group?

• deansdad101
    edited November 2014
    FD;

What? You are not on the main forums. How could you rile anyone up in this group?
    SLJ:

By "base" I meant the litter-boxanistas that sneak in here under cover of darkness and hide under the rocks........be careful.......be VERY careful<VBG>

But trust me, I can rile people up pretty much anyplace (just ask my "first" (and only) wife.
  • farmers_daughter
    Sorry deansdad... ive come to really like the taste of turkey sausage. I have trouble finding good sausage around here that isnt sooo salty i dehydrate or full of grissel and i can only assume bone fragments.

And i promise no litter-boxing here...just really stink sometimes at getting my carbs down. But Im optimistic Ill get there!! Time proves alot for me and ill have a lil more time soon ro start doing freezer meals!!! Im excited!
  • deansdad101
    Sorry deansdad... ive come to really like the taste of turkey sausage. I have trouble finding good sausage around here that isnt sooo salty i dehydrate or full of grissel and i can only assume bone fragments.

And i promise no litter-boxing here...just really stink sometimes at getting my carbs down. But Im optimistic Ill get there!! Time proves alot for me and ill have a lil more time soon ro start doing freezer meals!!! Im excited!
    FD;

Nothing to be "sorry" about (either in truth or whimsy),

My comment was meant in jest and we're talking about "taste" here - not delivering the blood.

That you prefer the taste of one vs another is nobody's business other than your own.

I do feel bad though that you don't have access to really good, well made, spicy hot Italian sausage - bet I could get you to agree that it's at "least as good" if you did.
  • farmers_daughter
    Its all good. Oh true when we used to butcher our own we had fantastic sausage, not spicy r italian but ooooso good ant we lnew there werent any ickys in it. But the grandparents have sold the equipment many moons ago :(.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    yea...that's the best thing about this group.. no zealots, no preachers.. just "here's what I do" if it rings a bell with you fine.. if not .. fine. I like chicken and turkey sausage... but bacon.. yea REAL bacon matters :wink: Because of diverticulitis I can only eat two pieces. Which is interesting to think about. I have never been able to eat a "high fat" diet, but managed to put on a great deal of extra weight. So much for low fat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Good lord that looks yummy.
  • sickandfat
    sickandfat Posts: 69 Member
    Hi kkimpel, I'm with you, after being on low fat diets for many years, I just would keep gaining weight. The more weight I gained the sicker I got and I stayed hungry all the time. After years of doctor after doctor telling me to keep eating low fat I finally said enough, it is not working for me.

Now here I am learning to eat LCHF. I have a lot to learn and do not know enough to really help anyone but now for the first time in years I have hope. I feel like I have been Brain Washed enough. The fog is lifting a little at a time.

I still like egg beaters, go figure. When a person eats low fat so long, I think and I do know that we become to like some of the things we are aloud to eat. It becomes habit, like my diet drinks, so it can be scary to change. I know that it is for me.

I now eat regular eggs and my childhood memories come flooding back. I like them. I also bought real cheese the other day and wow is it good. My husband said, this cheese is not rubbery like what you used to buy (I was using 2% cheese).

I am finding out that no 2 people are alike when it comes to eating or anything else. I hope I never get to the point of telling anyone else how to eat. What works for me, may never work for another person. I do know for me, if I stay away from too many carbs, then I am not as hungry and to me, that is a good feeling. I do not know where my journey with LCHF will lead me. It may not be right for me?? Too soon to tell. I do know that I am going to give it my best shot. After all I gave low fat many years of my time, and it may be good for some people, but it sure has let me down.

You do what you need to do for your body. No one else knows your body like you do. I too have health problems and I have to make adjustments for them. One baby step at a time. We both will find our place in this LCHF world.