Racing Weight

Options
DavidMartinez2
DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
I have been reading "Racing Weight" to try and be smart about my weight goals. Using the numbers presented, based on my goal weight and a training volume of ~9 hours per week I should be eating 550 grams of carbs per day. Using 4 calories per carb that is 2198 calories just in carbs per day; if I do another 100 grams of protein and 70 of fat I am up over 3200 calories per day. That seems like a lot of food to eat, anyone else have opinion/experience with a high-carb diet like this?

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I read that book, but I agree that sounds like a lot. I am about 7 hours or so a week but nowhere near that for carbs unless it is race week
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    Doing some more number crunching, I estimate my avg. workout to burn ~700 calories. Add that to the 1950 I MFP has me eat per day gives me 2650; if I get 60% of my calories from carbs that comes to about 400 grams per day. I think these numbers are workable for day to day. I am running the Tijuana Marathon in late July with no goals so it can provide a check of how this is working.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable I look for about 375 on carbs so pretty close
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    Today was a rest day so I ate didn't eat as much as I would on a training day but I only got 225 grams of carbohydrates today. The book also recommends I try and get most of my carbs early in the day, I think I will swing by Einstein bagels this weekend and try their whole wheat bagels.