Just found this group :)

Options
StaciMarie1974
StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
And I'm a beginning runner. Have wanted to work on my running program for a while but have never been good with consistency. I'm the sort that does best when I set a goal - and tell the world about it.

I'm on week 2 of training for a half marathon. Its on Feb. 8th and local. I'll eventually need to get in some outside runs, I know, but I like the treadmill. I run on Tue/Wed/Thur/Sat and have 'long' days on Sun. Last week my runs were 3mi/3mi/3mi/3mi/4mi. Gradually the Sunday runs will get longer, Wednesdays will end up 5-6 and the other days will be 3-4. I'm doing a walk/run combo right now. 1 minute walking @ 4.0, 2-3 minutes (sometimes a little more) running at 5.0. May push the speed up a few ticks temporarily here & there.

I think for Saturday runs I'm going to try something different. I want to eventually get to a point where I can run for an extended distance. So for Saturdays I think I'll run my miles 1 at a time. Such as run 1 mile (without walking) at 10am, another at 1pm, and then again at 3pm. Or as needed to hit my # for the day. For now I think its mainly mental, knowing that I only have to run for 2-3 minutes but I KNOW I can go further. I have run 1-1.5 miles just not with any regularity.

It also helps to know the max time allowed for the 1/2 is 3 hours. That seems 'doable' no matter what!

Replies