so there was this guy in the gym . . .

Options

Replies

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Maybe it's his pre-/during-workout booster. The caffeine in MDew is insane!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Speaking of odd sights. On my cardio day, back a few days ago, there was a guy using one of the treadmills. He also had a short resistance band that he had looked behind his back. As he walked fast, at one point he punched up his hand in the air several times, while of course making noises. He was really into it. Whatever he was doing. The rest of us weren't sure what the thought process was, however.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    People do different things on the cardio machines which is cool but it gets weird when someone decides to walk sideways facing you.

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Speaking of odd sights. On my cardio day, back a few days ago, there was a guy using one of the treadmills. He also had a short resistance band that he had looked behind his back. As he walked fast, at one point he punched up his hand in the air several times, while of course making noises. He was really into it. Whatever he was doing. The rest of us weren't sure what the thought process was, however.

My aunt always said "power-walking makes your boobs grow big!". Maybe he wanted bigger boobs.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    People do different things on the cardio machines which is cool but it gets weird when someone decides to walk sideways facing you.

OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS!

You should have turned towards him and walked sideways with a creepy smile on your face.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    @VeryKatie yes! And eating bread crusts makes your hair curly.

@crabada next time! I'll call it the mirror.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Besides, snapping a photo would make it that much better.
    Please, please, please do this. It would make my year. :)

And make this face:
    MV5BMTI2NTA1ODEyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc3MjY3MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options

nono, that's eating the fat off the roast beef.

i love this thread, and i love you people for all your input on it.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    crabada wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Besides, snapping a photo would make it that much better.
    Please, please, please do this. It would make my year. :)

And make this face:
    MV5BMTI2NTA1ODEyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc3MjY3MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

The picture isn't working for me but I'll assume it's something like this:

52655550.jpg

And if it is, then we're on the same page.

ETA: I don't know who Trina is.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options

nono, that's eating the fat off the roast beef.

i love this thread, and i love you people for all your input on it.

Lol. I also wouldn't eat chunks of fat on meat. I called it "shiny meat" and I didn't like how it "made my teeth bounce back when I tried to bite it". (I know there's a That's What She Said in there). My parents never tried the curly hair trick which was probably in their better interest.

Story time! I used to cry and refuse to eat my crusts whenever my grandma or someone said that to me because I had curly hair and I hated it. I wanted long, shiny, straight hair like my friend, Sam. Serves them right for lying. Part B of this story is that I saw an advertisement for wishing troll dolls once where the girl wished for her straight, shiny hair to be curly and *poof* it happened. So I wished my little heart out on my troll droll for the opposite and it never happened. I blamed the fact that I had a regular troll and not a wishing troll with a jewel navel.

• SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I wished my curly hair would be straight. When I hit puberty I got my wish... sort of. Now it's just wavy enough to be unmanageable but not enough to look actually wavy. I guess that fits in the "be careful what you wish for" category.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other end of the hair topic, I guess. My hair is straight and does not do anything else. If I want curly that stays, I have to get a very tight perm, which isn't a good look either on me. I tried a loose perm once from a salon and it disappeared the next day. So long ago, I might have done something wrong but I don't think so. Anyways, even though I wish I could do more things with the plain straight hair, I don't even own a curling iron cause the effort isn't worth the short last time for me.

The instructor for the Les Mills Grit Strength class had curly hair. I notice such, it seems.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have hair that is right in the middle of Owl and Dawn. It's also got some wave too it, but not the parts that frame my face, so it never looks good when I try to wear it naturally. But generally, it won't hold a curl for more than 2.3 seconds, so trying to fix it with a curling iron is a waste of time. So I basically wear it in a pony tail or bun every damn day. Unless it's my sister's wedding and the love in the air gave me decent hair for exactly 12 hours (see pic) -- maybe less because I was drunk for six of those hours and just assumed my hair still looked amazing.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    maybe less because I was drunk for six of those hours and just assumed my hair still looked amazing.

:D i don't know when the last time was that someone told you what an ornament to the planet you are, but i think it's time for a booster of that.

me, i have the straight hair. and i wanted curly as well.

however. one of the things rheumatoid arthritis CAN do is make your hair fall out. i shed about half of mine during the year when i felt like absolute crap all the time but didn't know something medical was wrong with me because nothing had swollen up yet . . . and just like chemo, when i got myself stabilized the half-my-hair that had fallen out came back with a really marked wave/curl to it. i always did want curly hair, but it doesn't suit me at all. i was glad when whatever all that was about went away finally and i got my normal straight hair that suits my face back.

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @ Canadian -- <3 x infinity.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's funny you all started talking about hair, because I was just thinking this morning as I was getting cleaned up after my workout how I hate blow drying my hair. I have to though, because if I don't, it gets super poofy and little bit wavy and looks crazy! Sounds like my hair is similar to yours, Crabada. What really sucks is that it always looks cute when it's still wet, but it never stays that way if I let it air dry lol.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hair talk? That's what happens when I go away? ROFL!

A lil late, but Mountain Dew is delicious (to me anyway, only soda I'll drink anymore. Maybe it's my gamer side) and full, and i mean FULL of sugar. I guess if you're bulking it's a pretty good intra-workout carb mix. LOL

On the hair topic, since I keep mine short for the most part I can't really say anything about curly or straight, but I really wish this mane didn't grow quite as quickly as it does. It's like weeds on steroids! A month and a half and it gets all puffy and shaggy and needs another trim. If my grandma didn't have her skillset I would be so poor xD
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I was looking for this hair convo for some reason and couldn't find it anywhere -- and then realized it's because it's in the "There was this guy in the gym" thread. :smiley:

I have a story, but it's so hard to explain that I'm still kicking myself for not just taking a picture of the guy to post. He was doing reverse somethings in a big, full body machine of some kind, so his face was planted against the back rest and his *kitten* was sticking out and I was just like, WTF is that guy *doing*? Next time, I'll snap the pic, I promise!

C.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Oh back to gym talk? I was going to talk about nails next :smiley:

@crabada‌ I'm picturing him doing v-ups in a leg machine. Always good to rub your face all over a gym machine. Pink eye is fun!

I saw a man having three of his friends help squeeze him into a compression shirt in the middle of the weight room. I pictured Scarlett O'Hara yelling at her maids, "Make me 18 inches!" He then got on the bench and pressed 505 lbs. Holy hell it was crazy! It helped me stop being such a baby about doing 80.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I saw a lady that looked like she must be in her 80s lifting free weights today. Hard to make any excuses when you see that.