Welcome

Options
13»

Replies

• forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So excited to be a part of this challenge!
  • beautyschoolbabe
    Options
    Hi! Excited and nervous for this challenge! I hope I can stay accountable and actually lose the weight I need to and get healthy!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY: Is this just a general group to track our individual success in 100 days or is there some sort of SPECIFIC diet plan we are suppose to follow for 100 days?

Everyone set their own goals and we don't have any specific diet or method to follow. What we do is to measure the %age goal achieved and then rank members based on this. The members who achieve 100% or more of their goal are recognized as the graduates of the challenge. We used to have weigh in deadlines in our last 100 days group but starting this challenge we have ranking deadline. This is meant to keep the flexibility for members and at the same time include everyone.
  • Lizherd18
    Lizherd18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm new-ish to mfp, and excited to jump into a challenge!
  • AndyFromGeneva
    AndyFromGeneva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to join! Just added my details.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Glad to be able to join you all!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to do this. I've done many, many challenges during my time on MFP and they help me stay focused and accountable. I'm within 5-10 lbs of goal so I don't hope to lose much but this is when it gets so hard! I've had some new stressors added to my life since the new year started and based on past history, it's really easy for me to put myself last and eat whatever I see. Hopefully, this will help me avoid that this time.
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Please don't forget to add your details to the spreadsheet if you have not done yet. Thanks.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Please don't forget to add your details to the spreadsheet if you have not done yet. Thanks.

Thanks, just updated it.

• deteriminedAMY
    deteriminedAMY Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just recently logged back in to myfitnesspal. I have had many physical and emotional obstacles that have gotten in my way for the past several months on my weight loss journey. Besides the fact that I basically gave up, I have put back on some of the weight that I lost. I stumbled across this challenge and thought this might be a great motivator in getting me back on track. I just seriously need to get moving again. I keep saying I'm going to do it but it doesn't happen. Now I have a reason and a group of people to do it with me! Thank you for doing this. I am praying this brings my motivation back !
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    Amy, we all are in this together. I will strongly suggest to show up regularly on the daily thread. Sharing even trivia with the group will keep you engaged. Also, know that you don't have to be perfect to succeed. Just don't give up and that is the success.
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your words of support balancedwalker...good to be back with the group!

"Amy, we all are in this together. I will strongly suggest to show up regularly on the daily thread. Sharing even trivia with the group will keep you engaged. Also, know that you don't have to be perfect to succeed. Just don't give up and that is the success."

• just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Really glad to see this group has started! I have a goal weight of 135, ultimate goal 130, but I am not sure with my body composition if I can get there. My weight loss has slowed this past month, lost just 3 pounds in this month, had been averaging 6-8/month previously. I think this may be my last "challenge" if I am lucky and motivated.

A big goal of mine this challenge is to get into the habit of exercising regularly so that I can get into a good rhythm for maintenance.

We can do this, group!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Welcome back just_special!!!
    Let's do this!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Amy -- You said you "basically gave up" - I can tell you that before MFP (and after "years" of YoYo dieting) I had given up hope of success. I'd be strong for a few weeks or a couple months and then fall off the wagon.

I tried calorie counting on a lark. First with one app and then with MFP (larger database etc.) - go figure my last ditch effort - turned out to be the charm. Been at it over one year now. Hang in there!
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I haven't always show up regularly on the daily thread In the first challenge. Hoping now that I have found the sequel I can check in everyday. I know I did better when I checked in all the time. So hoping to get in everyday.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Can I join the Group now, just started today and planning to go for 15 weeks!!
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mora982 wrote: »
    Can I join the Group now, just started today and planning to go for 15 weeks!!

You are most welcome. At the moment we are open to new members.
  • NicoleLeighanne
    NicoleLeighanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi hope it's ok, I've tagged on late, I do much much better with a goal to aim for and something to keep me accountable!