What's your latest NSV?

Options

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    Saw my PCP for a check up Saturday. The printed report he gave me showed my BMI pre surgery at 61+. My BMI today is 37.5 and the report said I am "overweight"! This is the first time I've seen myself described as anything other than either morbidly obeses or obese! As funny as it sounds, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to be overweight!

THAT is SO COOL!!! :) Congrats!!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Fit in an old size 14 pair of jeans in my closet. Couldn't tell me nothing the rest of the day..............lmao. Felt sooo good!

I am thisclose to getting in to 14s.... I feel ya!!! :)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    paul87920 wrote: »
    I flew on an 8 hour flight across the Atlantic relatively comfortably. Climbed steep stairs to the top of Blarney Castle and kissed the Blarney Stone. Actually did quite a bit of intense walking and climbing around places in Ireland.

Isn't it amazing how much we can participate in LIFE now??!!!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I went to a former coworker's wedding reception tonight. A couple of tables over, I spotted another former coworker that I haven't seen in about two years, and I waved. He didn't seem to notice so I waved again. He looked at me, and I said to my friend, who also knows him, "he doesn't know who I am". He saw my friend that I was sitting next to, then looked back over at me, and he realized who I was and his jaw dropped! He came running over and said he had no idea it was me until he saw my friend. That was the first time someone flat out didn't recognize me and it was actually kinda cool!

That had to feel spectacular! Congrats!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Saw my PCP for a check up Saturday. The printed report he gave me showed my BMI pre surgery at 61+. My BMI today is 37.5 and the report said I am "overweight"! This is the first time I've seen myself described as anything other than either morbidly obeses or obese! As funny as it sounds, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to be overweight!

That is HUGE!! Congrats!
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My belly doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore, I can bend over and tie my shoes instead sitting sideways and pulling my legs up. Painting my own toenails is a weekly practice now, since I can see them. And I walked 2.2 miles for the first time in 15 yrs.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My belly doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore, I can bend over and tie my shoes instead sitting sideways and pulling my legs up. Painting my own toenails is a weekly practice now, since I can see them. And I walked 2.2 miles for the first time in 15 yrs.

That was my first NSV! That my belly didn't touch the steering wheel in my car and I could throw away my seat belt extender! That's great JeanneMarie!

• JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

That was my first NSV! That my belly didn't touch the steering wheel in my car and I could throw away my seat belt extender! That's great JeanneMarie!

That was mine as well Ladies! Good for you JeanneMarie. :D
  • gastrognome89
    gastrognome89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans online before surgery as my 'goal' jeans. They are exactly the same type of jeans that I used to wear when I was 19. Yesterday I held them up and thought they looked so tiny they would never ever fit me. Then I tried them on as a joke and turns out THEY FIT!!! I wore them to work today and got lots of compliments :blush:
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was told by my grandfather that I looked like I could hide under a clothesline to get out of the rain.
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE reading all these!! I love being able to cross my legs, AND my hubby told me I looked sexy the other day!! :p
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    jamezln wrote: »
    I was told by my grandfather that I looked like I could hide under a clothesline to get out of the rain.
    hahahahaha!!
  • wildely
    wildely Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No longer being the last person people will sit next to on the train. I love not being that fat person on the train or bus, so sharing a seat is no longer a source of unnecessary anxiety.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    NSV Alert: Size 33 designer, slim jeans fit perfect!! Went shopping with the Mrs. to lay away Christmas gifts from the family and was amazed. 32's in some styles also fit but are a bit too snug for family events. Started at a 44!
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies the other day and noticed two things. I sat in the seat with my arms at my side with my elbows touching the back of the seat. The same seat a year ago felt too small and I would aggravated if someone sat next to me because I wouldn't be able to use the arm rest. And now the same seat fits me with room to spare. I also noticed that prior to loosing weight, I would kind of look back at people when we would sit side by side at the movie theatre. The extra fat on my back would push me farther out from the back of the seat and I would find myself having to look over my shoulder to talk to someone sitting right next to me. Now that my back is flat against the back of the seat with my extra padding gone, I can comfortable converse with friends/loved ones without looking over my shoulder.

Also, I enjoy being cold now. I always seemed to be ten degrees warmer than those around me because of my extra "layers" and now I get cold very quickly. I always have to keep a sweater in my office.

Those are some of my NSVs!
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Had a good one over the weekend, was travelling home fro visiting my sister and the TSA guy at the airport wouldn't let me through at first since I didn't look like my driver's license photo anymore! He needed to pull out a magnifying glass to compare my facial features to me. Also, didn't need to worry about whether or not the seat-belt would buckle. A very nice surprise.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My first short term goal has been to get down to what I was when I started dating my husband. I am now 4 lbs from that goal, and the clothes I wore then are big. That means, despite what the scale says, I am actually smaller now than I was when we started dating!!
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a coworker (who is also my neighbor) stop me and say that her husband had said to her "It was so nice to see Trinity in the restaurant today. She looked amazing and it's not just the weight loss. She looked me in the eye and smiled and talked and laughed and it was amazing to see her coming out of her shell."

I teared up. I'm beyond happy that I decided to get the sleeve. I've felt better and more able to be part of what is happening around me. Before the surgery, I was the extreme example of an introverted hermit. I didn't leave my house unless I had to and when I did, I really didn't look people in the eye. I thought if I didn't look at them, they wouldn't notice me. I have been waiting my entire life to gain the confidence that having to work through my issues has given me.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing to have happen, Trinity! It is so nice to hear good things other than the weight loss that come from our decision! Congrats

Rob