What's your latest NSV?

Options

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a coworker (who is also my neighbor) stop me and say that her husband had said to her "It was so nice to see Trinity in the restaurant today. She looked amazing and it's not just the weight loss. She looked me in the eye and smiled and talked and laughed and it was amazing to see her coming out of her shell."

I teared up. I'm beyond happy that I decided to get the sleeve. I've felt better and more able to be part of what is happening around me. Before the surgery, I was the extreme example of an introverted hermit. I didn't leave my house unless I had to and when I did, I really didn't look people in the eye. I thought if I didn't look at them, they wouldn't notice me. I have been waiting my entire life to gain the confidence that having to work through my issues has given me.

Oh how precious!!! Just wonderful!! :)
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    jrnguyen wrote: »
    My first short term goal has been to get down to what I was when I started dating my husband. I am now 4 lbs from that goal, and the clothes I wore then are big. That means, despite what the scale says, I am actually smaller now than I was when we started dating!!

I am feelin' ya sister. I am only 4 pounds away from my lowest weight in my adult life!! I weigh just about what I did when hubby and I got married 22 years ago!! ;) Woohooo for all of us!!
  • kenziesmom_2000
    kenziesmom_2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    my friends daughter was sitting in the waiting room before her dr's appointment and saw me walk by... told her i had a sassy little walk now and that the man sitting near her made a comment to the person he was sitting with "wow!" she must have a date later!"
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a coworker (who is also my neighbor) stop me and say that her husband had said to her "It was so nice to see Trinity in the restaurant today. She looked amazing and it's not just the weight loss. She looked me in the eye and smiled and talked and laughed and it was amazing to see her coming out of her shell."

I teared up. I'm beyond happy that I decided to get the sleeve. I've felt better and more able to be part of what is happening around me. Before the surgery, I was the extreme example of an introverted hermit. I didn't leave my house unless I had to and when I did, I really didn't look people in the eye. I thought if I didn't look at them, they wouldn't notice me. I have been waiting my entire life to gain the confidence that having to work through my issues has given me.

Yay!! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful moment :smile:
  • katematt313
    Options
    itsdreday wrote: »
    Had a good one over the weekend, was travelling home fro visiting my sister and the TSA guy at the airport wouldn't let me through at first since I didn't look like my driver's license photo anymore! He needed to pull out a magnifying glass to compare my facial features to me. Also, didn't need to worry about whether or not the seat-belt would buckle. A very nice surprise.

Awesome, and sucky at the same time!

My face looks different, and I am going to go have a new professional head shot taken for my law office's website, just because I look so much better now than I did 60+ lbs ago, when that photo was taken in 2009...
  • katematt313
    Options
    NSV Alert: Size 33 designer, slim jeans fit perfect!! Went shopping with the Mrs. to lay away Christmas gifts from the family and was amazed. 32's in some styles also fit but are a bit too snug for family events. Started at a 44!

Yay! The man-version of the skinny jeans NSV. Love it. And a 33" waist is a phenomenal accomplishment. My husband is a pretty slim guy, and we wears 32x32 (that is my only grounds for comparison). Good job!
  • katematt313
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans online before surgery as my 'goal' jeans. They are exactly the same type of jeans that I used to wear when I was 19. Yesterday I held them up and thought they looked so tiny they would never ever fit me. Then I tried them on as a joke and turns out THEY FIT!!! I wore them to work today and got lots of compliments :blush:

Yay! Another skinny jeans NSV. That is awesome! Congrats!
  • katematt313
    Options
    My belly doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore, I can bend over and tie my shoes instead sitting sideways and pulling my legs up. Painting my own toenails is a weekly practice now, since I can see them. And I walked 2.2 miles for the first time in 15 yrs.

Fantastic! That is amazing. Good job, and congratulations!!
  • juliebccs
    Options
    I have just returned from my holiday. I was so excited about the possibility of never requiring a seat belt extender again on flights. However even though I knew that there would be a very good chance the belt would fit me, I realised as I sat down on my first flight since losing the weight, that I still didn't truly trust that it would fit. I was very happy when of course not only did it fit but I tightened it and was left with a massive left over portion of belt. My sides were not squeezed into the seat either. I was comfortable. BUT even though I had thought about this possibility for many months, I had totally forgotten about one other NSV that could possibly occur in regards to flights. I was able for the first time in many many years to put my food tray down without it pressing into me. It just hadn't crossed my mind until I did it and I couldn't stop laughing. Not only did it go down easily, I was even able to extend it without it coming near my abdomen. The guy in front was also able to lay his seat back and it made no difference. My husband thought I had lost my mind. When I stopped laughing, I explained my glee. It is the surprise NSV's that are still happening after 8 months that just make this whole journey so exciting.
  • juliebccs
    Options
    wildely wrote: »
    No longer being the last person people will sit next to on the train. I love not being that fat person on the train or bus, so sharing a seat is no longer a source of unnecessary anxiety.
    I love this NSV. I noticed a similar one recently on my vacation. I did not feel guilty sitting down on the one spare seat on the train. In the past I would have felt bad because it would have meant squeezing myself in between two people and making them and myself uncomfortable.

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My belly doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore, I can bend over and tie my shoes instead sitting sideways and pulling my legs up. Painting my own toenails is a weekly practice now, since I can see them. And I walked 2.2 miles for the first time in 15 yrs.

Good job! I remember this too for me! Such a great feeling!

My latest - my size 18 jeans are starting to get lose! Yeah!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    itsdreday wrote: »
    Had a good one over the weekend, was travelling home fro visiting my sister and the TSA guy at the airport wouldn't let me through at first since I didn't look like my driver's license photo anymore! He needed to pull out a magnifying glass to compare my facial features to me. Also, didn't need to worry about whether or not the seat-belt would buckle. A very nice surprise.

LOL! about the picture!

I can't wait to fly again. I won't have to grab the attendant and ask for an extender either!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans online before surgery as my 'goal' jeans. They are exactly the same type of jeans that I used to wear when I was 19. Yesterday I held them up and thought they looked so tiny they would never ever fit me. Then I tried them on as a joke and turns out THEY FIT!!! I wore them to work today and got lots of compliments :blush:

OH! I can't wait for this! I have a small pair on my closet that I have had from years ago. I hope to get into them soon!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I went to a former coworker's wedding reception tonight. A couple of tables over, I spotted another former coworker that I haven't seen in about two years, and I waved. He didn't seem to notice so I waved again. He looked at me, and I said to my friend, who also knows him, "he doesn't know who I am". He saw my friend that I was sitting next to, then looked back over at me, and he realized who I was and his jaw dropped! He came running over and said he had no idea it was me until he saw my friend. That was the first time someone flat out didn't recognize me and it was actually kinda cool!

WOW! You are doing great!
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MistyHiker wrote: »

Good job! I remember this too for me! Such a great feeling!

My latest - my size 18 jeans are starting to get lose! Yeah!

Isn't it wonderful... I went to the store and bought some 18's cause I threw all my old ones away, thinking I would never fit back into them
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    We have a fancy dinner tonight, daughter's school auction. I went shopping in the really old closet and pulled out a suit from 1992 or so when I was at my lightest and one of them fit! We'll make sure to get a picture this evening to post.

I am glad that I am not old enough that the 'old' closet would contain polyester leisure suits!

Rob
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

WTG!! Love to hear that you are gaining so much more out of this weight loss journey. Kudos!!!! B)

• shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My latest NSV, my size 18 jeans are getting loose, I can run a whole lap at the walking track ( 1/4 mile) without stopping. I can walk 10 laps at the track in 30 minutes, and I got checked out by a guy on the elevator at work the both day and by an old old friend in Walmart. The biggest NSV IS my husband grabbed me to but me and his arms went all the way around me.

Shon
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    shonrecio wrote: »
    My latest NSV, my size 18 jeans are getting loose, I can run a whole lap at the walking track ( 1/4 mile) without stopping. I can walk 10 laps at the track in 30 minutes, and I got checked out by a guy on the elevator at work the both day and by an old old friend in Walmart. The biggest NSV IS my husband grabbed me to but me and his arms went all the way around me.

Shon

That's some great stuff, Shon!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    Had a check up with my Doctor and a different nurse was there. She looked at the picture on my ID and back at me - WOW she says, you can really see the difference!

Greatest feeling ever!