Find Friends: Charge / HR Owners

Options
1202203204205206208»

Replies

• MayGrammato6
    MayGrammato6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @doitnow111 , did you ever get you Charge HR, I hve The Charge 4, and Love it
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to this...when I add my exercise (say running) it seems to double my extra calories on fitbit. I like some of the features on fitbit better than here, but I like the food diary better on this one. If I run or walk should I not enter it on MFP? But then does it sync with fitbit on to MFP? Does this even make sense..haha. So for example, I ran 3 miles today. I used Map My Run and it syncs with MFP, which syncs with Fitbit. So Fitbit counts my steps and 30 minutes of activity, plus the activity entered into MFP from Map My Run...so it does double duty? Or maybe I'm not seeing it right..

I haven´t been at this too long (have had my charge a bit over a month) but it seems to work best not to manually enter any of my exercise in MyFitnessPal and instead just have it synced add my calories from exercise. The only downside is that it doesn´t seem to add the calories until the end of the day often, so my calorie deficit is often better if I go look back a day than it did at the end of that day.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    ideas2 wrote: »
    Hi! New to this...when I add my exercise (say running) it seems to double my extra calories on fitbit. I like some of the features on fitbit better than here, but I like the food diary better on this one. If I run or walk should I not enter it on MFP? But then does it sync with fitbit on to MFP? Does this even make sense..haha. So for example, I ran 3 miles today. I used Map My Run and it syncs with MFP, which syncs with Fitbit. So Fitbit counts my steps and 30 minutes of activity, plus the activity entered into MFP from Map My Run...so it does double duty? Or maybe I'm not seeing it right..

I haven´t been at this too long (have had my charge a bit over a month) but it seems to work best not to manually enter any of my exercise in MyFitnessPal and instead just have it synced add my calories from exercise. The only downside is that it doesn´t seem to add the calories until the end of the day often, so my calorie deficit is often better if I go look back a day than it did at the end of that day.

The Fitbit adjustment that happens to show up in the Exercise Diary is NOT just exercise.

There is no doubling of calories as Fitbit is a replace only system. Unless you get the time stamp totally wrong.

Worst case is you replace Fitbit's better calorie burn estimate with a worse one. But that depends on the activity.
    Still better to correct directly on Fitbit though.

Other downside is entering on MFP creates 2 extra syncs that have to work correctly for the math to work correctly - sometimes those 2 extra syncs could be iffy and have some lag time.

MFP has to send your manually entered workout to Fitbit, it updates it's records, it has to send a new Daily Burn figure to MFP to do math with.

That Adjustment is the difference between all day burn and MFP assuming your selected Activity Level burn - it's not just or may not be any exercise for that matter.
    Could have selected Sedentary on MFP and walked a ton.
  • LiLewDallas77
    LiLewDallas77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/9T88W3
    I would love to add some people to do challenges with! Anyone live in central Indiana? New to the charge 5, but not new to Fitbit or MFP. Been using then deleting the apps for several years, but I'm finally losing weight, so I'm back online! Thank you!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/3VWWX6

Love a good challenge, even if I neve win! LOL :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
  • mitch239
    mitch239 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Recently fished out my charge 4, would love some motivation and to add some people to keep me in the right mindset. Love a good challenge.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/7YSYZR
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded from charge 3 to charge 5 and lost EVERYTHING. I lost ALL of my friends, my challenges, my badges, everything. I am not interested in men messaging me for dates as I am happily married but would love to have some friends on my device again. I am just sick and have been in tears. I have had my device for 3 years and had built up several friends.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    darlin930 wrote: »
    I just upgraded from charge 3 to charge 5 and lost EVERYTHING. I lost ALL of my friends, my challenges, my badges, everything. I am not interested in men messaging me for dates as I am happily married but would love to have some friends on my device again. I am just sick and have been in tears. I have had my device for 3 years and had built up several friends.

Oh, that's brutal. Sorry to hear about that loss of data. I just got my new Charge 5 today; my old one got water damaged in early January. I am surprised at how much I missed it and how eager I was to see the package on my doorstep today! LOL Super excited to get back to tracking my steps, sleep, etc.
  • azurejwolfe
    azurejwolfe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone! I'm new to the group but have used Fitbit products for over 6 years now. Here's my user profile:

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3P47HC
  • coolrae1979
    coolrae1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are weekly challenges a thing anywhere? I really enjoyed those for accountability. Is there a third party app for that, or is that something google offers?

Please add me on fitbit. https://www.fitbit.com/user/24F2LM