Desserts

Options
jknight001
jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
I am looking for some clean food ideas to satisfy my sweet tooth. I do eat a lot of fruit but sometimes I just want something else. Would love to hear any suggestions you all might have.

Replies

• ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There are endless options out there. Is there anything you're looking in particular?

Here are some of my fav to name a few.

Ice cream substitute > Frozen bananas + strawberry(or cocoa powder) + milk/soy milk/ nutty milk.
    Half ripen avocado + 1/3 cup nutty milk/skim milk/soy milk + 1tbs unsweetened cocoa powder + vanilla extract + banana(or other low cal sweetener of your choice like stevia, splenda, sugar free davinci syrup, dates etc) + 1 tsp peanut butter. (This is heaven!)

If you like sorbet you can just freeze several types of fruits and blend them all together. for example > frozen strawberries + frozen mangos + a bit of lemon juice and stevia to add sweetness. Don't have berries? There's always other juicy fruits like melons and kiwis etc.

Or you can make tons of various frozen smoothie treats or popsicles.

Raw cheese cakes and raw brownies are also very delicious! My favourite recipe for the raw cashew "cheese" cake and brownies are taken from here http://mynewroots.org/site/2011/01/raw-cashew-dreamcake-2/(cashew cake). http://mynewroots.org/site/2011/04/the-raw-brownie-2/ (raw brownies) I did made a few adjustment to her cheesecake like adding gelatin and using canola oil because I don't like coconut oil and I make my own crust.

Home made chocolates are awesome too! All you needs are sugar of your choice + raw cocoa butter or coconut oil + cocoa powder and vanilla. Melt them all together and leave them to cool in the freezer, voila you just got yourself a chocolate! :D Or if you're lazy like me then just get one of those dark chocolate bar from the supermarket hehe.

Not sure if healthy alternative flours like oat flour, almond flour, sorghum flour is considered clean or not but since I don't cut flour from my diet, I usually use them to substitute white refined flour. If you're cutting flour then try looking into raw desserts. No flour needed. Mostly nuts, dates and stuff like that. Pinterest has some amazing raw desserts recipe collection.

Hope this helps.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Wow Ficklesoul, thanks for all of the great ideas! They will help with the variety. I had one more question. Is crystallized fructose considered a clean sweetener?
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I like to sauté a banana in a non stick pan with just a drizzle of honey and a pinch of nutmeg.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Wow Ficklesoul, thanks for all of the great ideas! They will help with the variety. I had one more question. Is crystallized fructose considered a clean sweetener?

I would say no, since it does not exist in that form in nature.

Honey or maple syrup would be a better option.