First Week of Nov! 11/3 - 11/9. Check Ins Here!

13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Try to check in Daily or Every other day. Weekly goals don't work if we aren't accountable!

Check In:
- Food
- Exercise
- Water

For November, I'm going to be posting about Nutrition and give Exercise/Workout examples.

Any other ideas, welcome! :)

Replies

• sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    so my day started out well had a banana, spinach smoothie and toast for breakfast,
    went to the chopped leaf for lunch (had a rice salad bowl) it was really good. Then I had to go get a shot and that was the end of me. Not much water, no exercise. Just finished some crackers. Tomorrow should be a better day :)
  • 13Strong
    Yesterday went not as good for me too.

Food - ended up eating a full sized butterfingers and drinking 2 packets of cocoa...

Water - only 40oz, and feeling dehydrated this morning.

Exercise - 20 squats
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Everyone :smile:

Yesterday was not good, and so far today is not going to be good. I hate this time of year its busy season at work and I am a stress eater.

Water has been much better hitting at least 40 oz which is probably 3x what I have been getting the last couple weeks.

Hopefully I can get out early enough to go for a walk and cook something for dinner and lunch tomorrow instead of going out.

Good Luck to you all in your goals this month.
  • bookfoxx1987
    bookfoxx1987 Posts: 98 Member
    Monday Check in:

Food:
    Breakfast - Scrambled egg, cheese and avocado with bacon
    Lunch - Kielbasa, ricotta cheese and spinach casserole
    Dinner - Sloppy joe on spinach (no bread) and side of brussels sprouts and onions
    And only one 12 oz soda!

Water: About 4 refills. Had about a half cup right before bed too

Exercise: 20 minutes on the treadmill and another half hour later, lower body circuit

• clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Monday Check In:
    Food-Breakfast: Vanilla yogurt and boiled egg (wasn't prepared but did ok)
    Lunch: Chicken salad with Ritz crackers, carrots with ranch dip, and strawberries and cantaloup
    Snack: Cheese squares and an apple
    Dinner- Chilli beans with cheese, sour cream, and crackers
    Evening snack (sweet)- 1/2 cup fat free chocolate ice cream and cup of milk

Water- 32 oz (really wasn't thirsty after eating all that fruit LOL) but that is about 32 oz more than I usually drink so that's a plus :smile:

Exercise- none :disappointed: but Monday was the first day and I think I did pretty good not being prepared :smile:

Yesterday was good. I managed to overcome the need to eat junk when I got home and was able to turn away from the cookies and doughnuts and did not have a regular soda. Had half a diet pepsi at lunch and a 12 oz can of diet pepsi with dinner :lol:
  • 13Strong
    Happy Tuesday every one!

What area of health do you feel successful at?

692f3319-ed37-413a-a60f-0d63a836cd21_zps7f1a470f.png
  • sweetpea2820
    for me I feel pretty good with my exercise routine and I am getting enough sleep. I really don't have any stress so that is not a factor in my life right now. Food and diet, family and friends need more work.
    breakfast I had some toast and juice
    lunch I had a banana and some crackers
    dinner not sure yet
    not feeling a hundred percent from yesterday.
    I did an exercise routine this morning though.
  • 13Strong
    I do well in friends and family, sleep, and generally stress - not always. Food and exercise leave lots of room for improvement.

Food today... OVER ATE by a lot. Just lost sight of the goal I guess. Can't do this tomorrow else I'll be hurting diet wise

Water. 60ox which is awesome

Exercise - 15 pushups....

Tomorrow my goal is to workout at least 10 mins
  • bookfoxx1987
    Tuesday Check In

Food: Same as yesterday though with 20 oz soda at lunch

Water: Four refills

Exercise: None. Got way to busy after work with voting and other errands

I feel like I do very well health-wise with family and friends. I have a great group of people in my life and I am fine with cutting people out of my life who don't deserve me time or energy. I think I get enough sleep , 6 hours most nights, but I have never been a morning person so it never feels like I get enough. I think I have a healthy way of maintaining and dealing with my stress, so I don't see that as an issue. As always, it just comes down to committing to exercise and healthy eating, which sometimes does get put to the way side.
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Tuesday Check-In

Food: Breakfast-vanilla yogurt, boiled egg, orange, whole wheat English Muffing with spray butter and strawberry spread (>500 Calories)
    Lunch: Chicken salad with Ritz crackers and baby carrots with Ranch dipping sauce (right at 500 calories
    Snack: Apple, cheese squares, and some peanuts
    Dinner: Roast with potatoes and carrots, rice (really didn't eat much rice), 2 rolls, and green beans
    Snack (sweet): 1/2 cup pineapple, 1bar of a fun size kit kat, 2 starburst pieces, 1/2 cup fat free chocolate ice cream, and 1 cup milk

I went over my calories by quite a bit yesterday. I was really hungry when I got home decided to have some pineapple. Then my loving hubby was eating a kit kat and fed it to me and really not thinking I ate it (70 darn calories in that one bar!!). But looking at it I know I still did better than I used to do. It used to be nothing for me to come home and eat some potato chips, maybe a slim jim, some cookies, then eat dinner, then eat a little debbie cake or cereal or both! Thinking about it now it makes me sick but I know I am making the changes needed now so no more looking back, only looking forward :smile:

Water: 50 oz (getting better with this)

Exercise: 20 minute moderate-fast pase walk

I am not really sure what I do well health-wise right now. This week it is counting everything I eat and drinking more water :smile:
  • 13Strong
    Why Nutrition Wednesday! - Why put different colors on your plate?

Because it's a sign of diverse nutrition!

"Nature has found a clever way to highlight the nutrients in foods: different nutrients actually impart different colors to the foods they’re in. For instance, the anthocyanins that turn blueberries blue can also keep your mind sharp, the lycopene that turns watermelon and tomatoes red may also help protect against prostate and breast cancers, and the beta carotene that makes carrots and sweet potatoes orange can help keep your bones strong, your eyes healthy and boost your immune system."
    - EatWell

21nmagfbp02u.jpg
  • 13Strong
    Wednesday check in:

Didn't over eat today,
    Breakfast was cinnamon bread
    Lunch was pork (4oz) potatoe and cheese
    Dinner salmon, green beans and red potatoe. Plus 1 glass of wine...

Water... Missed my 60oz by half!

Exercise ended up staying late at work. :(
  • bookfoxx1987
    Wednesday Check in:

Food: Same as Monday, even the 12 oz Diet Pepsi. I did snack on some fun size kit kats and milky ways, but it's shark week and I didn't go to high on the carbs so I'm giving myself some leeway on that.

Water: Four refills

Exercise: 20 minutes on the arc trainer in the morning, a half hour arm circuit after work

I feel like I get a lot of green on my plate as well as white. I don't think I ever get much of yellow.
  • 13Strong
    Happy Thursday!

Fun Facts about Muscles :sunglasses:
    1) It takes 2x as long to lose a muscle, than it does to build it.
    2) To take one step, you use 200 muscles!
    3) Muscles cannot push - it's actually a different muscle pulling, to push.
    4) It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
    5) The only muscle that never tires is the heart muscles.
    6) Most muscle growth and rebuild is when we are sleeping.
    7) Your muscles create at least 85 percent of your total body heat.

rg8m2ggi305h.png
  • sweetpea2820
    Those are interesting facts.
    for breakfast I had a spinach and peach smoothie, and some raisin toast, for lunch I had homemade soup and crackers with cheese, for dinner I am having a fake chicken burger. 1 brownie and a protein bar for snacks. For exercise I did 30 day shred this morning and tonight when I get home from school I will do 1/2 hour on my cross country ski machine. :) Hope you all have a great day.
  • bookfoxx1987
    Thursday Check in:

Food: Breadless sausage egg and cheese with avocado breakfast sandwich for breakfast, the same casserole for lunch, and then for dinner I felt like indulging so I have a bacon cheeseburger and fries. Definitely went over on my calories and carbs. I also indulged myself soda wise. One 20 ounce at lunch and then I had a cup of it (maybe around the same ounces with my burger).

Water: four refills and I had a bottle of water at the movie theater

Exercise: About an hour of walking

• sweetpea2820
    Friday check in
    Breakfast I had a banana and blueberries, weeds and seeds and a protein bar with some juice.
    Lunch i had a tomato, cheese, onion, pea shoots on whole wheat bread sandwich.
    Dinner I'm going to have a stir fry with rice.

I did a ballet body sculpt workout this morning tonight after school I will do 1/2 hour on my cross country ski machine.

the next couple days may be a little harder as we are going away. I'll have to figure out how to keep track of my food:)

It would be nice to hear from others considering that there are 100 of us in this group.
    Anyways have a great day :D
  • 13Strong
    Sorry there aren't more people posting.

Friday was my father's birthday. So I did well for breakfast and lunch but over on dinner due to alcohol and cake.

Exercise was lawn work earlier that day. Did a task via bucket vs buggy to purposely burn more calories.

Water. Wayyyyy under as it was replaced by coffee juice and pop. Not good.

Happy Saturday everyone. And no matter what others are doing, work towards your goals. Don't give up on something YOU want.
  • 13Strong
    Saturday check in

Food. Barely over due to father's birthday breakfast.

Exercise. Lots of walking from malls, stores, and cleaning up the yard.

Water. Still under...

Today was a great day but not as awesome of health day as others I've had.
  • sweetpea2820
    edited November 2014
    Saturday
    breakfast was blueberries, strawberries, weeds and seeds and raisin toast.
    lunch was a pb and jam sandwich with a fibre 1 brownie
    dinner was lattice fries. (not the healthiest but they were yummy. and I stayed within my calorie count.

Went away today for the weekend. So I got up early to exercise before we left. Feel good about that, couldn't get my second exercise in tonight, but that is okay. Hope you all had a great day:)