May 28th

Options
Hello everyone, time for Power and Resistance today - it might be my favourite workout actually. But it's the last time we will be doing this one - can you believe it? So let's do our best!

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    aaaaannddd... DONE! :)

My power jumps were a bit powerless today. But a good workout nonetheless! I'm feeling fresh and energized!
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello all! Thanks for the shout out yesterday sleepless :) I am still very much committed to a healthier lifestyle, but it is with heavy heart that I say it may not include insanity, certainly not as an almost daily exercise. Unfortunately the ankle still hurts and I am on full rest, meaning NO exercise for the next week aside from some strength training I might try and incorporate. I have really appreciated everyone in here. Sometimes on the forums or in groups you get people that "attack" you or say snide remarks and a lot of "know-it-alls" and it leaves me feeling defensive and discouraged. Never once did I feel that way in this group, and that's what made it so motivating. I will certainly post any insanity workouts I decide to try out in the future but I hope that we can continue to stay friends on MFP because I really appreciate the positive encouragement that I received from everyone in this group. Good luck to all of you it is SO AWESOME that you have all kept up with it and are pushing through....truly a feat you should feel proud of!!!!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Just completed Cardio Power & Resistance workout. It was rough today because for the first time my left ankle was painful. I had wrapped before starting my workout. I was not as intense as I could have been due to guarding. I discovered when I do the quad stretch I failed to realize how wobbly my left ankle was on the carpeted floor. Yesterday, I did my workout in a different room on hardwood floor and there was no wobbling of my ankle. I still pushed through but, will ice it. The trainer pushed me to the max also.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Cardio Power & Resistance. This is also my favorite work out too, can't believe it's the last one. I feel like I'm just now getting the form proper and can do it better. Felt great after it!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Aletadiana, so happy to hear from you! I think it's great that you listen to your body. And with your dedication, I have no doubt that you will find a great replacement for Insanity! I'm glad that you intend to keep in touch :)

Ktrn - funny that you mention this - any time I work out on hardwood floor, I get shin splints. Too much impact during all those jumps. I tend to do all Insanity workouts on a mat and never wondered about my ankles being wobbly but they probably are, more than on a floor. Still, I seem to deal better with wobbliness than with a hard surface...

I got a compliment today, fourth person in row mentioned that I'm getting slimmer. So it's really not all about the scale :) It's just in my head...
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been feeling some of that stress in the ankles so I've been tying my shoes extremely tight prior to the workout. I think that it has helped a lot...
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just checking in...No INSANITY for me for the past week my ankle is still not great, I had a trip scheduled to my parents house for the holiday weekend, and ended up getting sick and I'm still sick now. Haven't been eating well or at all really. Gonna nurse myself back to health hopefully by the end of this week and I'll be back. I was thinking the same thing as aletadiana where INSANITY may not be a daily program for awhile. I have had great results just from the past 3 weeks (lost 8lbs) and I don't want to give the program up. I just have to see where my body is at next week and probably do a redo of week 3 and go from there. Great Job to all of you that are still pushing through you are my motivation! Awesome commitment.