Waking up soaking wet and chilled!

Options
It seems to happen a few days before my period starts. I wake up soaking wet and so cold I'm shivering. I keep my housecoat next to my bed and grab for that because I am so cold I'm paralyzed and couldn't imagine getting out of bed. Then in my half awake state I feel the need to let my husband know that I am freezing and can't get warm.

I'm going to keep a towel next to my bed to dry off when this happens.

Does anyone else experience this?

Karen

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Yep! This morning. :cold_sweat:
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This happens to me quite regularly and yes, it is usually around my period. It feels like having the flu - waking up shivering so badly that you can't stop. Ugh.
  • stacwest
    stacwest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wake up soaking wet and pray I would be chilled...I am burning up and sheets are soaked.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yup. A few years ago it was a few days before my period (for a few days). Now it's whenever.... sometimes after my wacko period. Sometimes a few times a night.
  • Alison423
    Alison423 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi Ladies....You are experiencing "night sweats". This typically occurs before your cycle because your progesterone levels drop. I had them for YEARS before I finally went through menopause (and I was on birth control pills!). I don't seem to have them anymore, but do still get hot or cold very easily. I suspect my thyroid is sluggish, but tests are normal. It does get better, I promise!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Alison423 wrote: »
    hi Ladies....You are experiencing "night sweats". This typically occurs before your cycle because your progesterone levels drop. I had them for YEARS before I finally went through menopause (and I was on birth control pills!). I don't seem to have them anymore, but do still get hot or cold very easily. I suspect my thyroid is sluggish, but tests are normal. It does get better, I promise!

I read that what happens with the is your "normal range" of your thermostat becomes smaller. So it is normal to become hot faster at lower temps and cold faster at higher temps than you used to.

• chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes, Night Sweats..was getting them every night. Had a fan on me, towel next to me, not able to sleep. Much better now.
  • Alison423
    Alison423 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Interesting note--one of my friends who is the same age as me (52) has never had a hot flash or night sweat. She is on thyroid medication for an underactive thyroid. I'm sure there is a connection, because your thyroid is essentially your body's thermostat. There is not enough information out there on menopause.....
  • cathy120861
    cathy120861 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    For almost the last decade, i have found that i am almost always too hot or too cold. I just assumed it was because i am a spoiled Jewish princess. Well, actually that's true also, but at least now i know it is not the cause of my temperature woes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I only wish I was "warmer" in winter and "cooler" in summer. sheesh!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    During my period this happens several nights. Soooo annoying and gross.

When will it end???
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    During my period this happens several nights. Soooo annoying and gross.

When will it end???

This is me!! Either little before &/or during my period
    (whenever that decides to show up lol)
  • Teener37
    Teener37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sigh, night sweats! I've started having extra nightshirts (now tank tops) next to my bed to change in the middle of the night. It's freakin' crazy!!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I think it's only fair that if we have to suffer thru hot flashes, we should at least be able to bring em on when WE want em - like should we find ourselves stuck in a snowbank at -40 sometime... :D
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ^ Agreed! I had to check your profile with a comment like that I wasn't surprised to see you are Canadian.....lol

Karen
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    :D guilty, Pandora LOL... i'm also trying to get MFP to count a hot flash as a calorie burn in exercise - and wine as a fruit serving... but... alas... no luck yet LOL! :'(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    :D guilty, Pandora LOL... i'm also trying to get MFP to count a hot flash as a calorie burn in exercise - and wine as a fruit serving... but... alas... no luck yet LOL! :'(

Wait, what? I can't count my wine as a fruit serving?!

64fpi9qzr35r.gif
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

Wait, what? I can't count my wine as a fruit serving?!

64fpi9qzr35r.gif

LOL :wink:
    Don't they say....wine is a fruit so it should after all be considered a fruit serving?!? :open_mouth:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Wine IS fruit!!! :drinker:
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Wine IS fruit!!! :drinker:

Have you had your serving of fruit today?