Medifast

Options
TNFirefly
TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
Anyone doing medifast? I am on day 14 and down 17 pounds. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else for support. Please add me!

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My doc mentioned it, but I really don't have the willpower to do something quite that rigid. :/
  • silverteacup
    silverteacup Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't done Medifast but I did Nutrimed, it's a similar program and yes you can shave some serious lbs on it. The only issue for me was that Nutrimed has a very narrow range of foods so that there was no variance in what I ate. That became a problem early on so I used the program to teach myself how to eat better and gradually I did food type exchanges to put more variety in the diet and it worked very well so well that I no longer need Nutrimed products. I still use similar products to keep me on point with proteins etc but I have more variety now. For me that was huge eating the same thing day after day for more than a year was soooo boring I found I didn't want to eat at all. That is another whole problem that I didn't need.

So yes those programs do work but pay attention to what they have you eat by looking at the nutrition information and portion sizes and use that to help you learn. I lost 187 in the process. I still have 80 more to lose but I know how to eat and what to eat and that was my first obstacle.

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I lost 187 in the process.

Holy crap. Maybe I should reconsider this option.