Life is about choices

Options
Life is about choices. Everyday we make a decision. What and how much we eat. What and how much we exercise.
The question then is what makes a good decision for us? Some can actually lose weight by not exercising. Others have to work out or it will be a disaster.
Some can eat a lot of processed foods and junk foods and still lose weight with no ill effects. Others choose to eat clean and healthy all the time.
We have all heard of the guy that is the chain smoker that hangs out bars every night and lives to be over 90.
We also know people that have eaten very healthy, exercise daily, and die of cancer.
Nothing is set in stone. Not everything applies to everyone.
The thing that I can not understand however is how people think that their way is the ONLY way and if you disagree with them watch out and be prepared to be chastised and berated.
The other thing that I can not understand is when people are not flexible and not willing to try new ways of eating or thinking. Or people that say I could never do that without even trying it.
Some will get some constructive criticism and maybe they should at least try to give that new eating pattern a try but they refuse to and then get the same results as they always had. Then they accuse the one giving the constructive criticism for not being supportive when it is their lack of being open and flexible in making a change that might be better for them in the long run.
That last one is the one that I just can't understand the most.
So in my mind. This is my philosophy. Educate yourself first and try to learn as much as you can. Make good decisions as they apply to you. See if they work. If they do keep doing it. If they don't change it up.
Most of all don't try to change anyone's way of thinking. Just be an example by reaching your goals. When they see how successful you are then they will come around and maybe be open to a new philosophy.
Some people won't ever change anyway and most don't want your help.
Actually some people need to struggle and not be coddled.
Then they will learn through their own mistakes and trial and error not by shoving your own opinions down their throat.
Those are my thoughts for the day.
Sorry for the long rant.